03-29-2017 08:32 AM
153 12345 ...
tools
    Hey. I had the same problem and went to the service center. The staff took out the batt and spinned it. If your batt is bloated, it wouldn't stop spinning. So she gave me a new batt. When spinning a perfectly normal batt, it would come to a stop cause its flat. She said a certain number of people would experienced this batt problem. They do not know is the cause of this. Hope this helps
    10-28-2013 03:09 AM
    I'm having a similar but not identical issue.

I lost my s4 blaze & got a replacement a week ago. Trouble was that when I plugged it in to charge while powered off, it would automatically turn on. Net, could only charge in on mode & that is much slower. Called T-Mobile service & they sent another. Day later got a second & did same thing EXCEPT a smaller percentage of the time, maybe 1/5 attempts, it would stay off for a charge. Called T-m for a 3rd phone. Currently have the 2nd & 3rd. Third now appears to stay off when power 75-80% of the times I try it. 2nd is still maybe 25%.

Anyone seen this version of problems? Thanks.
    10-28-2013 08:15 AM
    Hi. I've had this problem also. I just left best buy. The Samsung rep recommend a high speed microSD card. I was using a class 4 card and purchased a class 10 card. The Class 10 card has been working - - - no more rebooting. Hope this is the answer. Good luck! Mine is working so far. So glad didn't have to get a new phone.
    10-28-2013 09:18 PM
    I know this seems mad, but I have had this problem since I have turned on my power saving. I got my gs4 3 months ago and only the last 3 days this has happened. i have turned off the power saving and it has stopped restarting.
    10-31-2013 07:52 AM
    I dont even have an SD card in mine and i have that problem. Within two months it started. So the SD card cannot be the problem! I hope Android can sort this out ASAP. Highly upset. Best phone but too unstable.
    10-31-2013 09:22 AM
    my samsung galaxy young had same problem. when i spoke with samsung customer support they told me to give it at the service center as the mobile was very new and it had full warranty. so they serviced it many times, don't know what they did but problem persisted and i scolded them nicely. then they had to change the motherboard of my phone and now the phone is alright. so my suggestion is get it serviced before warranty expires. if anyone is cheating you don't forget to complain at www.akosha.com
    11-01-2013 06:30 AM
    so u are saying if i jus get a new batt all will be fine?mine started around 2 wks bk i had to carry a portable charger around
    11-01-2013 07:53 AM
    i have always on power saving mode but it only started 2 wks bk
    11-01-2013 07:54 AM
    I dont even have an SD card in mine and i have that problem. Within two months it started. So the SD card cannot be the problem! I hope Android can sort this out ASAP. Highly upset. Best phone but too unstable.
    And how pray tell did you come to the conclusion that the fault lies exclusively with Android and not even consider the hardware or battery or some other 3rd party software or something wonky with the Samsung software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    11-01-2013 11:21 AM
    My wife's Galaxy S4 starting restarting a few days ago and was to the point of restarting every 5-10 minutes. After an exhausting (and unnecessary) chat with Samsung, I was able to identify that an app was the cause of the restarting. I went and looked at the apps that were still marked for updating in Google Play. One of them stood out and when I attempted to manually update it, my phone restarted. After the restart, I manually updated the other apps without issue.

Looking at the details for that app (My Play Home), it referenced this error:
    "For those of you getting "Error: -24" when upgrading, simply uninstall the app, reboot and re-install. This is a bug in Google Play."

I followed those instructions and the app was updated - and NO MORE RESTARTING.

So my recommendation for those having a similar issue with restarting is to look to see what apps are not updated and try to determine if one of those could be causing the problem. Check them out by installing the updates manually, and if you find the one causing the problem...either (1) uninstall it (2) uninstall it and re-install it (3) disable automatic updates. Ideally, you would also let the app builder know that there was a problem so that they could fix it.
    11-02-2013 02:37 PM
    so is there any actual solution to solving this problem??!!!
    11-06-2013 05:25 AM
    I pulled my SD card, and it STOPPED the CONSTANT REBOOTING!! Not every rebooting every 5> 10 minutes, but pretty much constantly. When I re install SD card and it immediately begins incessant rebooting. BUT, that means I can't check the apps on my SD card for updates. I think I'll get a new SD card (Class 10 as mentioned above) and install a few apps to see what happens.

Incidentally, I have had my phone on MANUAL update for all apps for a long time (updating ONLY those that have good reviews). My constant rebooting started out of the blue. I had made NO changes. I had updated a few apps, all w/ good reviews, several days ago. Will keep thread advised on what happens.
    11-06-2013 06:52 AM
    Hey to all you guys
    After reading all of your post's, i spent some time on the net to find a solution to our problem, because i am also using a samsung s4, and also giving me problems by rebooting, battery from 99% going down to 0%. I also notice that when i am running on wcdma (H+) then the phone will reboot much faster. My Problem started 2 days ago. At first i thought that it is a app that i installed 2 hours before it started to reboot. Then i thought it was because of my android that is been rooted and of the custom roms that is installed. So i have an update from samsung dont know if you already know.

by*Chris Smith*on October 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Samsung has apparently confirmed that it will offer free battery replacements to Galaxy S4 owners that experience certain battery life issues with their batteries including battery swelling.In a to a comment issued to*Trusted Reviews, Samsung acknowledged the problem, saying that only a limited number of customers are affected:

We are aware of this issue, which has affected a limited number of customers.We ask all affected customers to please visit their nearest Samsung Electronics service centre, where they can receive a replacement battery for free of charge. We remain committed to providing the best possible user experience for our customers.

However, some reports claim that the actual number of affected Galaxy S4 units is actually larger than one would expect.MobiFlip*reported a few days ago that as many as 30% of Galaxy S4 units purchased from a German provider have faulty batteries, saying that it has obtained is information from an insider familiar with the matter.An actual number of affected buyers is not mentioned in the report, and Samsung will probably not mention it either after all, its bad press as it is that a six-month smartphone already experiences battery problems that shouldnt appear in new devices.

For some reason, these faulty batteries are not able to hold a charge anymore, with some of them swelling up this is a common security practice for batteries in electronic devices, although its not everyday you hear about this happening to a mobile device.The image above shows the difference between a regular Galaxy S4 battery and one that has swollen up (on the right).That said, were interested whether you have been affected by such Galaxy S4 battery issues yourself, and whether you have received a free replacement from Samsung.
    11-07-2013 04:47 PM
    My phone is now working fine. I brought it to samsung service center and restore it. Oh well I think the OS was been corrupted that's why it keeps on rebooting.
    11-07-2013 07:56 PM
    Just started happening to me today I got freaked out cause I thought I had a virus or something, I took out my SD card and it seems to be working now, but I have been noticing today that it's charging really slow, it just went from 54% to 61% in about 45 mind soo.... And I have a small black dot that's been bugging me in my screen, you really have to look for it but it's there, so I'm wondering if this has to do with the battery bulging? Anyways just thought I'd comment.
    11-10-2013 11:25 AM
    Hi Everyone, I have the exact same problem and so far I tried everything mentioned in this thread.
    I really Need Help! I bought Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500, Made in Vietnam) from Kogan in August then I left Australia and going to live overseas for a while. For last 4 days I am experiencing really strange battery draining issue. My phones battery drains down to 0% (mentioning battery critically low) and turns off by itself. This happened almost everyday for last few days even when my phone battery had over 85% or 60% or 40% charge left. After took the battery out of the phone and then re-inserted and re-booted, it still shows battery critically low. Then I did a factory reset on my device and I am still experiencing the same problem. It is also important to note that, yesterday after the phone turned off by itself by showing battery critically low (in reality it had over 85% charge left), I left it off for a while without plugging it in for charge. Then I turned it on again after a while, and the the phone rebooted fine and was working fine with almost 70% charge. I have been using this phone for only 2 months and I take really good care of my phone. I am not really sure what the problem is and now that I cant send it back to Kogan, I am really worried and frustrated. Is there any way to solve this problem or any suggestions. PLEASE KINDLY HELP!!!!!

So far I tried:
    1. Factory Reset
    2. Formating SD Card
    3. Going through complete charge and discharge cycles

The fact is my phone battery does not actually drains to 0%, even though it shows 0% with battery critically low notification. If I leave my phone switched off for a while and then switch it back on, battery comes back to normal state showing the actual remaining battery charge and everything works just fine. its jus that randomly out of nowhere the phone reboots automatically and shows 0% battery after the boot. As I mentioned earlier I even did factory reset and didn't install any other app and same problem happens again. Default apps under factory reset condition should not drain battery (in fact battery is not draining at all)
    I've had my S4 since July and it has had no problems until VZW pushed an OS update about a month ago, that I unfortunately accepted. Now my phone restarts randomly like the others. Two weeks after the update came another, which I also accepted (hoping it was a bug fix-but no lock) However I can also not "pin down" a cause.
    It's happened:
    * while using navigation.
    * pressing the "shutter button" to take a pic.
    * after the first ring when making a call (glad it wasn't a 911 call!)
    * starting any one of several different apps.
    * I have not activated the feature to allow two programs to run maybe I should.
    IMO if the cause isn't a buggy app or virus then maybe it is a processor issue where a high data app is causing crashing?

We'll see. Good luck to all. If I have any good news I'll report it.

NCFM80
    11-11-2013 12:48 AM
    Same here...the problem is probably with some corrupt file on the memory card, I formatted it using a computer and so far it works fine..I just hope it stays that way!
    11-11-2013 02:19 PM
    Hi Guys, I'm new to both the Galaxy s4 and this forum, but googled the same problem you are all experiencing. My phone turns itself off and then on again, then sticks in this process, it can be when using the navigation or the camera. Looking at the previous posts some people recommend new batteries 'Anker@, whilst others stipulate its a SD CARD problem, is there a definitive answer to this problem, if so what is the solution??????? ARGH!!!!!!
    11-12-2013 08:00 AM
    Hello guys,

I have the same problem as all of you, but not issues with the battery, what I did and it didn't work is:

Software restart, press the power on button for 12 seconds
    Hard restart, remove the battery and press the power button for 12 seconds,

More over I did the rest of the sugestions but just one works!!!

remove the ******* microSD memory and it will work fine,

Try it and confirm that this was the solution...

cheers,
    11-12-2013 07:13 PM
    Its the damn Candy Crush!!!!!!

I received many invites via the Facebook app on my phone to install Candy Crush. During the app's install, my phone just froze, so I rebooted it and since then exactly the same symptoms as you've mentioned.

I uninstalled the Candy Crush (cr)app but to no avail.

If anyone else has a solution for this problem, please post!

Thanks
    11-13-2013 12:20 PM
    I took my Micro SD Card out and reformatted it, and left it out and the phone worked fine, as soon as I tried to put the SD card back in it started again.....
    11-14-2013 07:03 AM
    I've had no issued with my S4 until today, when this issue began.

My phone appears fine until the battery drops to 56%, at which point it just switches itself off. When I try and turn it back on, it just gets stuck in a loop of starting to come on, and the turning itself off, and back on again. If I remove the battery and re-insert it, then it turns on properly for a few seconds and all seems well, until it switches off again.

Plugged in to the charger, or with a battery above 56 percent it works fine.

Googling "Samsung battery issues" right now brings up such a vast raft of complaints that I canvt determine if this is an issue with the battery and needs replacing, or if I should be trying something else.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions. I'm with O2 (UK), and running all the latest OS updates.
    11-14-2013 10:25 AM
    I ahve the same problem, especially when I surf ,it happens even with 85% charge.
    11-14-2013 03:34 PM
    Same problem here. Just started about two weeks ago. Removing SIM card and SD card didn't help. Going to try a new battery later tonight. Also going to update to Android 4.3.
    11-14-2013 06:45 PM
    Found a solution to the constant restart problem.

When S4 shuts down, remove the battery to stop the phone from recurring restarts. Plug in power source to the phone, whether through the phone charger or a portable charger ( i recommend the latter as you will most probably experience the shutdowns/restart when you are out), turn on the phone after that. The reboot/restart should end, until the next recurrence...

Figured this is the only way to rectify the battery issue, seems like its contact with the phone is problematic when it's bloated.
    Of course the other alternative is to just get Samsung to replace the battery.

Hope this helps.
    11-15-2013 01:26 PM
153 12345 ...