03-29-2017 08:32 AM
153 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I had the very same problem! How Annoying this is. I have taken mine to a Samsung service centre this morning, It might be your battery? If your battery is swollen then it needs replacing, I will be collecting mine tomorrow morning , I can keep you informed, But if I were you I would take in in for repair
    11-19-2013 07:31 AM
    Had this same problem.It doesn't occur when it's connected to the charger.And I suppose right before it reboots,a warning comes that an app is trying to access private settings or as sorts.Anyone of you noticed that the phone heats up a lot upper half of the screen?Using GT-I9500,4.3.Had it for two months.Need help.
    11-21-2013 07:21 AM
    did you try the new battery cause I was gonna try that tomorrow.
    11-22-2013 03:01 PM
    did they fix it, or did you find out what the problem was, cause where I am from we dont have samsung service centers
    11-22-2013 03:03 PM
    Yes It worked for me!!!! THANKSS!!!! but what is the actual problem? Will it happen again if i insert my sd card???
    11-22-2013 11:38 PM
    Now the most Dangerous part! After around 2/3 months usage the Battery will experience Swelling all of a sudden and in the process will bend your Handset Screen outwards (Uneven screen raised outwards from the handset). This happens because the battery swells and looks like a flat pillow and can not fit inside and as a result bends your expensive handset. Samsung should start a product recall immediately and replace all the handsets!!!!

This is the problem!
    You all got to contact Samsung for a new battery! if you all try pulling your battery out and reflecting yourself in the screen you'll see that you can see yourself perfectry straight. Then try putting the battery in and you will notice that if you reflect yourself in the screen you will be like in a bended mirror.

(Sorry for bad english)

//Swedish IT company owner
    11-26-2013 06:38 AM
    solution

Here was my set of problems:
    • Bad battery life
    • cut outs, folowed by restart loops, broken only by pluging it in to a charger
    • ocassional overheating
    • 'process system crash' dialogue box
    • swollen battery (I could spin it on a flat surface)

(I did occasionally manage to turn on the phone but it would cut out within 2 minutes unless plugged in)

The SOLUTION

I had these problems this morning so I decided to visit Vodafone (uk) and they knew of the problem, they then directed me to a samsung expert shop (not owned by samsung) , who also knew of the problem, they replaced the battery free of charge and I filled out a samsung form.

So far 3 hours later there have been no problems, when I first turned the phone back on I got the 'process system' crash dialog box, but not since, not sure about the battery life issue for obvious reasons.

EDIT it is now 9 or so hours later, battery life seems reasonable, though I suspect diminished by android 4.3, just remembered the guy in the shop said the phone was from a "bad batch" and that the issue was a software/battery problem and that, of the phones with similar problems that he had replaced the battery of, none had returned with a reoccurrence.

Extra info
    GT-I9505
    Android 4.3 (recently from 4.2.2)
    Baseband I9505XXUEMJ7
    Build number JSS15.I9505XXUEMJ7
    2 months old
    UK
    Vodafone
    traanf likes this.
    11-26-2013 08:53 AM
    Its been 3 days since i recieved my unlocked samsung galaxy s4.. I was working fine for the last 2 days. Yesterday 11/28 my firend installed some apps on my phone and it was working okay till i got home. Now its in a countinous loop rebooting every 3-5 minutes when i dont touch it, or it boots in like 30 seconds if i try and do anything to it.

So far i have switched batteries, factory reset the phone, also initiated safe mode to see if i could do anything and it still rebooting even in safe mode. someone told me its booting because its unlocked and now that i activated the sim card in it its looking for software thats not there, could this be possible?.
    ive been searching the forums since last night to see if i can find an answer to what i can do to fix the phone and so far nothing.
    has any one had this issue, with unlocked S4's

Phone Facts:
    gt-i9500
    version: 4.2.2

thanks for your time
    11-29-2013 02:16 PM
    My S4 (i9505, android version 4.3, bought half a year ago) also started doing this restart loop today while I was playing Subway Surfers. I think the battery life was around 55-60% back then. For now it seems that taking out the battery + sim card worked for me. So far at least, hope this won't happen again.

I do remember the phone having randomly rebooted itself a few times while i've had it, but never like this before.

//EDIT on dec 2:

Noticed yesterday that my battery is indeed faulty. Compared it to the battery of dad's Galaxy S2 and spun them both on the table. My battery was spinning like a whirlwind whilst dad's was just laying flat on the table.

"You can check the Serial Number of your battery. If the S/N starts with BD1D and the date is in the range of 401 - 529 (1st april - 29th may), it's probably a defective battery."

Also my boyfriend linked me with that text up there, how many of you have fallen into that timerange? I sure did.
    12-01-2013 03:31 AM
    I have just had this problem too! However, my samsung galaxy s4 is now charging it self whilst not being in the charger. Hmmm weird.... I plug it into the charger and it says i have 10 seconds left on the battery, i then unplug it from the charger and the battery life starts to increase! After 20mins of not being plugged in, i suddenly have 30 mins of battery life, and it keeps on increasing! Please help, there is something obviously wrong with the phone as i have changed batteries (completely new battery) and it does the same thing!
    12-02-2013 06:01 AM
    SOLUTION!!!!
    I have had the same problem and spend a week researching and finally I got to the root. Samsung has now officially admitted that about 30% of the batteries (mainly in European market) are faulty. They even get bigger just like if they inflated. The battery then dont fit in the phone well and the contact is loose. This is causing the constant reboot. Samsung has offered to exchange the battery free of charge. Good news!
    12-03-2013 09:27 AM
    SOLUTION!!!!
    I have had the same problem and spend a week researching and finally I got to the root. Samsung has now officially admitted that about 30% of the batteries (mainly in European market) are faulty. They even get bigger just like if they inflated. The battery then dont fit in the phone well and the contact is loose. This is causing the constant reboot. Samsung has offered to exchange the battery free of charge. Good news!
    This is true now however it will take 3 - 4 weeks to get replaced as there as SO many in queue right now!
    12-03-2013 11:08 PM
    I have the same problem for quite a while with 2 things happening: 1) Battery being drained out like crazy and 2) Every once in a while phone restarts. I figured the reason that is happening is because my phone is not able to detect SD card. Once I removed the SD card and restarted the phone its working normal. So the working theory currently is when the fone has hard time detecting the SD card it tries to restart and connect.
    12-09-2013 10:41 AM
    removing the sd card was the only thing that helped me with this and everytime I put it back in it restarts itself
    12-09-2013 03:21 PM
    I have had the same problem. I thought candy crush was the issue, which I uninstalled. I still have the issue. Agony one with any thoughts as to what the issue is and the solution?
    12-09-2013 05:21 PM
    every one stuck in this mysterious problem!!

my s4 is just 1 month old yesterday and im now facing this same restarting problem with battery showing 0% after restart. yes my battery is swollen too and spins on a flat table. im based in Dubai and have purchased it here.

what ive noticed is the restart is triggered only when the im multitasking or when i tap the gallery icon.

im trying using the phone now without the memory card, if problem still continues will update here!! visiting the service center on saturday!!
    12-10-2013 01:14 PM
    I keep having this problem too.
    I initially thought I was just being a brat because I've always been a loyal Apple user.
    After googling the problem and finding this thread I see that I'm not being a brat and I'm not alone in this problem.
    I got the S4 about 4 months ago and it's been doing this for about a month.
    The main thing that annoys me about it is that I lose all my chrome tabs when it restarts itself.
    It's also cut me off while I was right in the middle of an important phone call.
    I've tried some of the suggestions in this thread, and no luck.
    I'm unsure of what to do at this point, like should I just wait the 8 weeks until I can upgrade, or what?
    12-11-2013 03:28 PM
    I had phone restarting constantly with no reason.

There was an error message or alert that mentioned something about MTP error, but I didn't know what that meant, and phone continued to work. shortly after my phone would just randomly restart even when in my pocket or sitting idle on my desk.

First thing you should do is make sure your sd card is not corrupt.

Settings -> more..-> Storage

Make sure your SD card shows, my SD card somehow became unreadable, and my battery level drained and I assume it would restart anytime it wanted to point to any data on my sd card and not on my internal memory. I swapped out SD card (luckily I had another one) and it's only been 3 or 4 hours but it seems to have resolved my issue.
    12-12-2013 04:14 PM
    I've also noticed that my battery life has deteriorated tremendously since this problem started.
    Also, I keep getting a error notification for my wifi calling, and a notification that the wifi network is unstable which I know it's not because my iPad is fine on it .
    I don't know if all of this is related or what. This phone has become more trouble than it's worth though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-12-2013 05:12 PM
    every one stuck in this mysterious problem!!

my s4 is just 1 month old yesterday and im now facing this same restarting problem with battery showing 0% after restart. yes my battery is swollen too and spins on a flat table. im based in Dubai and have purchased it here.

what ive noticed is the restart is triggered only when the im multitasking or when i tap the gallery icon.

im trying using the phone now without the memory card, if problem still continues will update here!! visiting the service center on saturday!!
    SOLVED
    samsung replaced my battery and did a software upgrade. i ran games, video recording, app downloads.. been around 5 hours now to full drain and ive had no restart.
    12-14-2013 12:30 PM
    I'm having exact the same restart loop -problem with my 6 months old SGS4. If the loop starts, I just can't get my phone on without a charger so I'll take it to my service provider tomorrow.
    I found this thread and invested my phone a little.. It seems that my battery is bulged out from the side where the connecting pins are, and the other half seems to me normal. I also realized that my screen has bent and loosened from it's frame from the same side as a battery is bulged - What do you think: Will the warranty also cover the new screen or do I need to keep going with the loosened one?
    12-20-2013 12:59 PM
    Right so im in south africa. I have this same issue. everything that is being complained about for this issue my phone is doing. I get to use it comfortably for about 10 minutes or so at a time unless its plugged in to the pc or on charge. do I go to samsung? do I take it to my service provider? im ready to brake this 700$ piece of ****
    12-21-2013 06:07 AM
    I am having the exact same problem ! Have you found a solution. Its happening to me every half hour and its driving me mad !
    12-21-2013 07:35 AM
    Right so im in south africa. I have this same issue. everything that is being complained about for this issue my phone is doing. I get to use it comfortably for about 10 minutes or so at a time unless its plugged in to the pc or on charge. do I go to samsung? do I take it to my service provider? im ready to brake this 700$ piece of ****
    I am having the exact same problem ! Have you found a solution. Its happening to me every half hour and its driving me mad !
    If you've read the whole thread, you've found the solution.
    There is a problem with certain amount of SGS4 batteries. After 2 - 6 months they start to bulge and then the problems start. Just take you phone to (warranty) maintenance, because then you should get a new, genuine battery for free. Hopefully the screen of your phone hasn't bent yet (like mine did).
    12-21-2013 09:24 AM
    Hopefully this will help someone.

My phone is about 4 months old and after the 4.3 software update it started switching on and off continually.

One I was able to get into the ph<one I turned the phone into flight mode.
    Went to settings and application manager.
    There were quite a lot of apps that had names like com.adobe.<something>.<something>
    I un-installed only those apps with improper names and my phone now seems to be fine.
    Fingers crossed.
    12-21-2013 09:04 PM
153 ... 23456 ...