03-29-2017 09:32 AM
153 ... 34567
tools
    Same thing was happening to me. Phone kept restarting.

I noticed that my battery would slip pretty easily in & out without having to push it up and in. So I wedged a piece of folded paper on the bottom (opposite of the contacts). Turned the phone on. and no issues yet. I believe the battery was losing contact (by sliding ever so slightly) with the phone terminals and shutting off.

This may be due to the battery slightly bulging or changing its shape ever so slightly that the fit is compromised.
    12-24-2013 03:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem!
    I've already reset my phone to factory settings. Didn't work!
    Removed the micro SD card, installed the Battery HD application to check the battery status. Shows everything is perfectly fine!
    Now this has somewhat slowed down the inevitable restarting, but not quite resolved the issue.
    Help needed!

Posted via Android Central App
    12-25-2013 02:23 PM
    I'll just let you know that my screen (bended by a bulged battery) and the battery itself are both replaced under warranty (SGS4, Finland). So if you have those battery problems and the phone is still under warranty, just go and ask them to replace the battery before any further damage will happen.
    12-28-2013 11:46 AM
    Hi,,

Replace the battery - this solves exactly the same problem for me
    12-29-2013 10:48 AM
    My SAME problems with all of you started after playing games on my S4. As u've all noticed, playing games on wi-fi kills your battery very fast and u 'll soon need to plug your phone on the charger. Now if i want to play games i'll have to HAVE IT PLUGGED, as this is the only way to not having such problems. Also plugging it in, IMMEDIATLY STOPS the continue rebooting of the phone and u can start it with no other actions ( SD cards, SIM card, Battery off etc ). I think our batteries are worthless and they're the ones responsible for the poor results our phones are facing.
    01-01-2014 04:19 PM
    I'll just let you know that my screen (bended by a bulged battery) and the battery itself are both replaced under warranty (SGS4, Finland). So if you have those battery problems and the phone is still under warranty, just go and ask them to replace the battery before any further damage will happen.
    How long did it take to replace the screen? And what was the process like.

My screen has bulged due to a swollen battery.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    01-01-2014 07:39 PM
    I have had my s4 for some 4 months now. Had no problems until just recently. It seems fine when listening to music but as soon as I start to surf it shuts down completely. I have taken the battery out. Did nothing. I did a factory reset and took off all third party applications but it still happens. Battery depletes from 80% down to 0%. Any help would be appreciated. If it is a battery issue then would replacing the battery sort out the problem. Is there any way to check if the problem is with the the chipset in the phone itself?
    01-07-2014 03:42 AM
    Look at your battery I bet its expanded take it vack yo the shop you purchased from and they will replace the battery free of charge. Samsung and all major phone shops are aware of tbe problem I got my replacement battery yesterday

Posted via Android Central App
    01-07-2014 07:29 AM
    How long did it take to replace the screen? And what was the process like.
    My screen has bulged due to a swollen battery.
    It was just few work days. I took my phone to my service provider on 21st Dec, its status was "Fixed" on 28th Dec and "Ready for pick up" on 31st Dec. I finally got it back today (7th Jan) because I was out of city on holiday. It seems to be completely fine now!
    They basically just replaced the battery and the screen, nothing else. They didn't even reset my phone to factory settings, which was actually quite nice.
    01-07-2014 12:33 PM
    hey..i just wanna ask you..if i sent my phone to the factory,do the factory will format the phone??or just fix the system??
    01-08-2014 01:49 AM
    Same issue!! One guy talked about the SD card being the problem. I just looked and mine is not recognizable. It all started yesterday when I plugged my phone into my Mac and tried to transfer over my photos...and it WOULD NOT TRANSFER. It was freezing and everything was going wrong. So I stopped trying. Now I come to find that my SD card is not working...so basically, my trying to transfer my photos from my SD card caused it to not work and reboot my phone every few hours. Awesome.
    01-08-2014 07:50 PM
    I am having the same trouble with my S4. I have tried all of the suggestions listed above but none have worked (for long). Thanks to everyone who has posted these suggestions. If I find any information that may be helpful I will post it. BTW...I moved from an S3 to an S4 b/c of phone problems. Seems like Samsung's quality is slipping.
    01-10-2014 08:07 AM
    I am having the same trouble with my S4. I have tried all of the suggestions listed above but none have worked (for long). Thanks to everyone who has posted these suggestions. If I find any information that may be helpful I will post it. BTW...I moved from an S3 to an S4 b/c of phone problems. Seems like Samsung's quality is slipping.
    So you're saying that you sent your phone to the mainentance, but still having the same problems? They changed the battery? Reset the factory settings? Updated the software?
    Hard to believe, to be honest.
    But: if you're still - after mainentance - having the same problems with the S4 which is under warraty, just sent your phone back to the factory/service provider/who ever is taking care of these things there. If they're not able to fix it after trying few times, they should give you the new one.

Sent from SGS4 (GT-I9505)
    01-10-2014 09:02 AM
    It happened to me too. Battery indication would be misleading, saying some whatever 20 or even 80% battery left but would auto reboot following any use of the phone. Most people already went in depth about the problem.

The source of the problem, as already mentioned, is the battery itself. Samsung already admitted 'some' battery (well, a batch or more?) was faulty, prone to swelling and rapid draining. They are replacing it free of charge at any Samsung service centre (A quick google search should help to find it)

Thus, solution would be to change the battery, unless if the battery swelling out-bulged the phone (Screen or cover) and causing some internal hardware damage too.

You should not ignore other possible cause of the problem though, such as apps or SD cards but I take it, most of us here already ruled that out but either doing a factory setting or removing the card.
    01-11-2014 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the link which ultimately led to an online chat with Samsung Germany who will send me a replacement battery.

All of you guys with these symptoms should take a look at their Lithium Ion accumulator to see if it is swelling up (mine was).
    Here's the final part of the chat:
    [16:26:43] Heike, Kundenberaterin Mobiltelefone:
    Vielen Dank. Ich habe fr Sie den Austausch-Prozess angestoen. Ihnen wird zeitnah ein neue Akku zugesandt.
    [16:31:55] Robert Jones:
    Berbesserungsvorschlag: Samsung knnte viele Kunden mit defekten Batterien Zeit und Sorgen ersparen wenn das Problem mit schlechten Akkus in Galaxy S4 verffentlicht wird. Nochmals Danke.
    [16:34:04] Heike, Kundenberaterin Mobiltelefone:
    Vielen Dank fr Ihren Hinweis. Wir tauschen anstandslos aufgeblhte Akkus aus.
    01-15-2014 11:02 AM
    I had the same problem.

Take out your battery and check if it is swollen (put it on a table and spin it, if it spins on its back like a 1980's street dancer, it's swollen).

It's a very common fault with S4's. The new Samsung Batteries are rectified, just go to your service provider or a Samsung store and they'll replace it.
    01-17-2014 06:10 AM
    If your accu serial number starts with 'BD.....' you will get a new accu at a samsung service center.
    01-20-2014 04:31 AM
    I have the same issue and three of the four people I know have the phone have the same issue. After spending a number of wasted hours in service center, the solution for two of them was to sell the phone and buy iPhone...
    01-25-2014 01:39 AM
    Hi,
    Had the same problem. Factory reset, re-installed apps but the turning on continued . . Noticed a "Damaged SD" message and Re-formatted it, but didn't work.
    THEN, removed the SD Card and inserted a new one and All OK, problem solved.
    01-25-2014 04:09 PM
    Thanks for your suggestion. I just installed it on my phone.
    The temperature is 34.2 C (I'm not sure if it's good or not) and the battery health is Good.
    Is there a better health status for battery? Like very good,...?
    Temp is normal. yes, it gets better. "excellent", i believe, is the best your battery can get. I would take it in. Mine has done it a couple times while a lot of apps are running at the same time. But it's not something that's suppose to happen.
    Tip i learned from a T-mobile guy - so i can't say how reliable it is - to check your battery yourself, put it on a flat surface and try to spin it. If it doesn't spin somethings wrong with it. (That's if it even IS the batterys fault)
    02-03-2014 04:36 AM
    hi i bought my new S4 4G 3 months back and i m new to smart phone use.... i have been using it on an average of 2 hours a day and very few calls a day....
    today suddenly while dialing the no. suddenly the phone started shutting down .... i got surprised and was waiting to shut down properly so i can re-start but it restarted on its own... and it did not come back to main screen .. it keeps rebooting and shutting down... after 3 times, i removed the battery and stopped (battery is 55%) ... after few minutes, i started again and it is til the same...
    once i waited for 10 min before restarting after removing the battery, it started and again when i used, it rebooted in the middle and again doing the same as above.
    dont know wht the problem is ??? any solutions ?
    mostly i used my phone for whatsapp, checking my mails and very few calls and thats it.
    02-05-2014 02:41 PM
    I have the same problem last weekend. and saw the same symptoms - drained battery, rebooting loops and called samsung n now awaiting my new replacement battery. But weird thing was, i only explained the problem - like they were giving out batteries like it was xmas again. so they know what's going on and will replace the battery if you tell them your serial# - cept now i'm 5-7 days without a phone.
    My phone has not yet bent but I did do the spin test on my battery - and it's spinning crazy on one side.. so not going to use it incase it does further damage.
    02-09-2014 10:40 PM
    Same problem with my girlfriend's S4 phone. It keeps on restarting until it got to the system error message like what is happening on PC when not shutdown properly. Asking you to go to safe mode or restore in previous session etc.

We buy a new battery but not an original battery from samsung and it works fine.

If you like to order a battery just contact me.
    02-26-2014 03:00 AM
    It is just a battery problem. My girlfriend had the same problem, we just changed the s4 battery and it worked well. By the way, I'm selling one if you still need it.
    02-26-2014 11:25 AM
    What can be the cause of this battry thing,I mean like so many people complaining about the same thing?same here samsung gallexy s4 battry drains down when it has over 80 or 60% and if switched on. It shows critically low when I charged it after 2min it goes bck to where it was pls help
    03-30-2014 11:53 PM
153 ... 34567