03-29-2017 09:32 AM
153 ... 4567
tools
    Well I had this same problem and as a child aged 14 it was very annoying and I got really mad so then I tryed May thing to fix it but could not find a answer often when I was on the phone to my dad or mum or friends it kept going off so then I got a charger case and I found out that when I was out and it started to reboot I put it on charge with the case and boom it came back on now I keep it with me at all times in case it happens but it kept doing it at first but then it's like my phone got used to it and then it stopped so then I was happy so it's worth a try hope this helps anyone
    04-30-2014 02:34 PM
    you have to buy a new battery. i had the same problem with my phone. it happens because of Overcharging
    05-21-2014 12:36 PM
    I just got my s4 two days ago, I moved from an s3 that had issues like freezing in the gallery and not charging fully/dying quickly. Before I got my s4, my battery had bulged and discolored in my s3 which is a common issue. Also this was the second s3 my phone provider had given me, the one before had the same issues that this one got. Just after I left the store with my new s4, it crashed and restarted on its own. I had heard that sd cards go bad sometimes and mine had been through all my phones (6+ years old) so I took it out thinking that it would fix the problem. Then a few hours later it did it again and again and again nonstop. It usually does it when I set it down, it has only done it a few times while I was doing something on it. Yesterday I tried resetting it to factory settings and it only worked for a few hours then it resumed its constant restarting. So then I tried letting it die and charging it to 100% before I turned it on and that again only worked for a few hours before it resumed its constant restarting. I'm so tired of this and is there any way to fix this? Or do I have to go back to the store and get another replacement?

Thanks
    06-26-2014 05:23 PM
    Here everyone that's having some problems with a galaxy 4S rebooting or turning off. Hope this helps you all. Please let me know if it helps you out. It worked for me & made my phone run better. Click the link -- 3 tips to stop your Galaxy S4 from randomly rebooting | fixedByVonnie
    07-09-2014 08:34 PM
    Same problem here... After a year, the phone started behaving weird. When using the camera, the display would just turn off and I cannot do anything but pull out the battery (the phone cannot be turned on but hardware keys don´t work as well so IDK if the phone is off or what). Sometimes, it just restarts itself in a loop (maybe 5 times). Then when it´s done, the battery shows 0% for several minutes, then changes to another value (like 40% or something like that). The phone is good but this issue bothers me because I cannot rely on the phone fully. I have done a factory reset few months ago because of that but it didn´t help, actually maybe it´s a bit more frequent than before.
    07-11-2014 03:11 PM
    Removing the SD card Worked for me to.
    08-21-2014 01:05 PM
    Please help!
    I have a problem with my Samsung galaxy s4,he restart whenever he want,also when I plug the charge,his temperature began very hot.
    Removing or changing Sd card didn't work for me...
    p.s: I brought my phone new in his box 1 week ago only
    Do I have to change the battery?
    12-23-2014 01:33 PM
    i was solve that problem,
    install recovery and boot to recovery wipe all, cache, dalvic, data, system, and turn off,
    download stock firmware then flash using odin3,
    i thing will solve you problem,
    03-16-2015 07:43 PM
    Had the same issue. Heres my fix:

If you hold down the home button and volume down, you should enter a boot menu.

If that happens, it means your power button is stuck (because all three buttons - home, vol-down and power is usually required for this boot menu).

In which case, pull your battery, tap the power button firmly against the soft part of your hand below your thumb a few times...refit battery and see if that solves it
    Robert Martin8 likes this.
    04-08-2015 12:05 PM
    Although I find it hard to believe, this fixed my problem. My power button must have been stuck. I tapped it firmly a few times, the phone turned on after a few taps and it has stayed on since then. I overlooked the simplest solution. Thanks.
    07-12-2015 05:19 AM
    My phone is 2 months old as well, and yes, I'm suffering this problem too. Sill Googling for solutions .
    when my phone rebooted I saw everyone the menu when yhu hold tha power button so I took tha battery out and messed the power button hit it against something then put the battery in its working perfectly now
    09-04-2015 01:49 PM
    I had mine plugged in & after a full charge it started doing it.
    09-07-2015 09:33 PM
    PEOPLE I FOUND THE REASON!!!

Removing the battery/ resetting the S4 phone will stop all of the restarting on it's own issue for just a few hours.
    but if you lay the phone right in front of you while it's restarting put a headphone jack in and let it lay in front of you you will notice that it will NOT restart again. but then if you remove the head phone jack, it will go back to restarting just within the next half an hour.

HEADPHONE JACK IS CAUSING THE RESTARTING ISSUE.
    09-12-2015 06:24 PM
    Plain and simple, you need a new battery!!
    09-13-2015 10:59 AM
    Plain and simple, you need a new battery!!
    Sorry, but it's not that "plain and simple" to me.

After doing everything prescribed here, it kept rebooting almost as soon as it would begin loading.

After many tries of doing things differently, I discovered that it's the wifi that was causing it.

My phone is working perfectly fine now, but as long as wifi is off. Whenever I turn it on, the reboot loop stats all over again.

I found a young man who posted the same thing in a youtube video with the title, "Turning on WiFi puts phone in reboot loop".

It's the same problem I have.

Once again... not an issue with my batter, nor my sd card, nor the cache.

I've done all things recommended here.

By the way, just a few days ago, my phone received a firmware upgrade to version 4.4.4.

Funny this happened after that upgrade.

I'm with t-mobile, by the way.

Jim
    09-21-2015 08:26 PM
    Hi,

the problem is the new google-app.

Its update is significantly incompatible with the s3 and s4 firmware and causes this "soft-restart-loop".
    Deactivating auto-synch is unfortunately not enough, you have to remove your google-account.

So far I have no working solution.
    09-22-2015 04:02 AM
    This started causing my a problem today at roughly 3am. It is only 9 seconds from restart to close down for the next restart, not enough time to do anything like navigate and de-install apps or similar. However, determining anything else is impossible in the time frames. I managed to turn the sound off though to stop the annoyance. Oh, and I get the same text message downloading in that few seconds, Hundreds of copies now.

Has anyone got any further? I've tried thus far:
    - Removing the sdcard.
    - Battery (not bulged - spin it to see if it wobbles) as Samsung have suggested this with problematic batteries. Not resolved by running it down and then recharging it. I've also borrowed an alternative battery from a friends S4 mini, to no avail, so don't need a replacement battery.
    - Stuck power, not for me as I can do key combinations that show it's not sticking.
    - Not a problem with the sound jack either!

I've tweeted Samsung but no response from them as yet. Hours of "fun"!
    09-22-2015 09:29 AM
    This started happening to me as well, and found a (somewhat) solution earlier.

Was stuck in a loop - about 30 seconds in between restarting.. I removed my SIM card and turned the wifi off when it started up and it did not restart again.. so am able to salvage my contact list at least. Throwing Wifi back on causes it to restart again.

Hope that helps a bit
    09-22-2015 04:00 PM
    Same issue here. The phone randomly restarted after a minute or so, but it was not a continuous loop.
    We tried all except factory reset, as this would have been the very last step.

We bought a new battery, and so far it works fine. Samsung batteries seem to have this peculiar behaviour...
    09-23-2015 02:48 AM
    Hi. I have also had this problem with my s4. I don't have a clue what happened. I was on my selfie cam and then it just started restarting over and over. I took the battery out for a night and it worked again. I then left it and then it did it again. I have tried the same thing I did before and it won't come back on. I don't know what has gone wrong. If anybody knows anything to help it would be much appreciated because my phone is my life.
    03-22-2016 02:37 PM
    Mine was fixed by simply taking off the clear screen protector that I had once installed to protect it from scratches and clean the screen very well.
    05-13-2016 09:49 AM
    Same problem that I am experiencing with my S4. I am not using the phone anymore since it keeps on rebooting. I never install the sd card on the phone. The last time that I remember why did this thing happen when I tried to sync my gmail account. And wooha samsung fails.

The last option to do is to bring this phone to Samsung service center. F@#$ it out this phone!

My S4 having provlem with some unknown stuff like automatically it get data and wifi on.start to browse automatically and download apps unjust.it keeps on warn me some apps has stopped and so on.so I have rebooted my phone couples of time and now it stuck keeps on rebooting not turning on at all.what could the suggestion to get fixed please.
    06-17-2016 04:05 PM
    Finally after many attempts ( removing SD, SIM, without changing the battery) this solution unexpectedly has worked for me:

Tap the power button repeatedly with a little force (use a fingernail against the button, as you would tap your nail on a desk) that usually frees it from its stuck position.

I would never thought that the button might be stuck !!
    07-20-2016 05:01 AM
    Finally after many attempts ( removing SD, SIM, without changing the battery) this solution unexpectedly has worked for me:

Tap the power button repeatedly with a little force (use a fingernail against the button, as you would tap your nail on a desk) that usually frees it from its stuck position.

I would never thought that the button might be stuck !!
    07-20-2016 05:02 AM
    That�s not fun. My first impulse was a software bug. But a backup and reset should have fixed it if it was a software issue. When you did the reset you tried the phone as a clean installation right? NO THIRD PARTY APPS RIGHT? Apps can cause weird things like this sometimes.

Battery Health Good is where you want it. When it says Battery Health Unknown you might start having a problem.

I was going to suggest a battery pull while the phone is powered on but it looks like you might have tried that as well. Make sure you pull the battery while it�s on and not while it�s off.

Check out this article on how to fix an Android phone that�s powering itself off and on as well, it might help.

If you cannot get it to stop powering off and on then look into your replacement options like filing a warranty claim. No one wants a phone that�s not working properly.

~ Moneypenny~
    Wait should I try to delete a third party app that I have downloaded? Could that really he the cause
    11-26-2016 03:34 PM
153 ... 4567