03-29-2017 08:32 AM
153 ... 567
tools
    Guys I have found a solution.
    So it just happend to me randomly yesterday and the power menu came up out of no where (it's that menu where you hold the power button and it says shutdown/power off, restart, airplane mode) and I clicked the back button, and a few seconds later it shut off itself and I couldn't turn it on. So for this you have to rapidly press the power button and it works. But later it restarted itself.

SOLUTION=
    Fully shut down phone
    Take out all things installed such as battery, sim,SD
    Hold power button for one minute
    Install all you components and turn on.
    IF TURNS ON ITSLEF AFTER PUTTING BATTERY AND ONLY STAYS ON FOR 2 SECONDS, THEN YOU HAVE TO READ FROM LINE 8.
    01-02-2017 10:32 AM
    In regards to the Samsung phones that randomly restart and drain the battery while stuck in a power cycling loop; My phone (Samsung Note 4) was awesome for the first two years that I had it, and then it began having this issue. Tried every solution that I could find suggested on the net, including the hard reset, and nothing changed. It doesn't matter what battery I have in it etc... The only time it stops power cycling at all is if it is plugged into a wall outlet. I finally gave up and took the phone into the store for service and they said it was a lost cause and replaced it. Oddly enough they told me it was a software issue that has been present in the Samsung updates. I asked them if that was the case, how would replacing my phone with the same make and model would fix the issue. (i.e., when I update will I get the same issue?) I was told if it happened again bring it back. Well as of today I will be going back again, as the issue has begun to happen with the replacement phone with even more frequency. Apparently this problem isn't isolated to Samsung phones, as I have read reports of the same problem occurring in other Samsung electronics. (Look up Samsung power cycling....Televisions) Unfortunately it seems the only way to get away from this problem may be to get away from Samsung until they actually find a permanent solution. I'm looking into a suitable replacement phone until then. Good luck and God bless
    02-16-2017 07:40 AM
    I had the same problem 2-3 years ago and I fixed it simply by updating my firmware.
    Before that I tried all the suggested 'fixes', removing battery, reset to factory defaults, removing all manually installed apps, booting to safe mode and it still kept rebooting. I spent over half a year with these issues until a new firmware release fixewd it all!
    I do not remember which version I had installed when I had the issue, by I recommend to make sure you have the latest version installed. Good luck.
    03-29-2017 08:32 AM
153 ... 567