Greetings all - please let me know how you address these issues on your S4. Thank you in advance.

1. Text Messages - I've read posts on the SMS Pro app. Do I need this in order to connect with my old Iphone cohorts who use IMessage? My recent text messages have required me to manually download them. This is annoying. How can I fix this?

2. I tried using the Smart Alarm feature this morning and nothing happened. My normal alarm went off (thankfully) but the Smart Alarm didn't do much if anything. Does anyone use this feature? What am I missing?

3. I like the LED notification features - but don't like my phone blinking all night (last I night I was charging it and it blinked Green all night). Is there a way to disable this during certain hours?

4. What is the best app to download for "find my phone" in case I lose this thing?

5. Lastly, is downloading the users manual worth it? I miss being able to read through a book and teach myself features rather than relying on the good nature of others to help me. But since I have no manual, I appreciate everyone's input.
    09-06-2013 08:24 AM
    Greetings all - please let me know how you address these issues on your S4. Thank you in advance.

1. Text Messages - I've read posts on the SMS Pro app. Do I need this in order to connect with my old Iphone cohorts who use IMessage? My recent text messages have required me to manually download them. This is annoying. How can I fix this?

2. I tried using the Smart Alarm feature this morning and nothing happened. My normal alarm went off (thankfully) but the Smart Alarm didn't do much if anything. Does anyone use this feature? What am I missing?

3. I like the LED notification features - but don't like my phone blinking all night (last I night I was charging it and it blinked Green all night). Is there a way to disable this during certain hours?

4. What is the best app to download for "find my phone" in case I lose this thing?

5. Lastly, is downloading the users manual worth it? I miss being able to read through a book and teach myself features rather than relying on the good nature of others to help me. But since I have no manual, I appreciate everyone's input.
    Welcome to the forums!

I do not have an S4, but I can try to answer some of your questions.

3. In Settings is there a Sleep/Quiet Time/Do not disturb mode? Otherwise you can try an app like Tasker. I think that has a configuration for a do not disturb mode.

4. Some Antivirus apps have a device locator feature. Or else you can use Google device manager.

5. If you can find a free one, why not? You can always delete it when you are done with it.
    09-06-2013 08:49 AM