Battery Life (I9505)

Travier

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've gotten my S4 I9505 about two weeks ago.

It's awesome, and I'm really satisfied with it. But there's one possible problem that concerns me.

The battery seems to drain very fast. Even though the S4 has a huge screen, the massive 2600MAH battery should last for very long.

For example, at night, when the phone idles for about 7 hours (Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth and GPS off and no apps running), I usually lose about 25%-30% of battery life.

Also throughout the day - since I know that Wi-Fi kills the battery life, I leave it off most of the day. But still, the battery life is extremely disappointing, compared to how a 2600MAH battery should function.

I don't have any applications that monitor or try to extend battery life, and I didn't root my phone.

Is there any possible solution regarding this problem?

Thanks in advance,
-Travier-

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've gotten my S4 I9505 about two weeks ago.

It's awesome, and I'm really satisfied with it. But there's one possible problem that concerns me.

The battery seems to drain very fast. Even though the S4 has a huge screen, the massive 2600MAH battery should last for very long.

For example, at night, when the phone idles for about 7 hours (Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth and GPS off and no apps running), I usually lose about 25%-30% of battery life.

Also throughout the day - since I know that Wi-Fi kills the battery life, I leave it off most of the day. But still, the battery life is extremely disappointing, compared to how a 2600MAH battery should function.

I don't have any applications that monitor or try to extend battery life, and I didn't root my phone.

Is there any possible solution regarding this problem?

Thanks in advance,
-Travier-

Welcome to the forums. Could you post screenshots of your battery stats and the graph, please?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine averages 22 hours with S Beam, NFC, Air Gesture, WiFi, GPS, Smart Pause, Auto Brightness +2 and master sync. Although today I got virtually nothing out of it (be lucky if I make 11 hours)

Posted via Android Central App

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
They are two components to battery life. One is jsut how long it last. The other is how long is the screen on. From your screen shots, it seems that you had about 10 hours of use, but I would bet that your screen on time was 4+ hours. 4+ hours of screen on time in my opinion is huge.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My network only has 3g network support and soon will have 4g and we all know how much of a power drain 3g can be if left on all day but my s4 manages a full day and even has 30 percent left at night for me to use. It all depends on how good your signal is as the less signal you have the more power is being used and also closing all the unnecessary apps that are opened is a good way of conserving battery power.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It should last all day with a couple hours use and an hour or so on the phone. Charge it when you go to bed and it will be ready in the morning for a new day!

Mapping apps eats batteries and some apps do not shut down when you move on to another app. Press and hold the HOME key a couple seconds to see what apps are running! Hit the CLOSE ALL button at the bottom right to close them all. So a search for "battery" in this forum and you will find plenty information!