Cannot Get My S4 To Connect To My WiFi At Home...!

mahler9

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a reason it should be spread across 4 boxes..That seems odd. I would contact Verizon for an easy quick walkthrough since they will know their product and support it best
I may do that or just leave it alone. I only have one other person who'd ever need my password anyway so it's not a big deal really.
Really great to have the Galaxy S4 connect so fast and smooth to the wifi now..thanks for the help :)

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I may do that or just leave it alone. I only have one other person who'd ever need my password anyway so it's not a big deal really.
Really great to have the Galaxy S4 connect so fast and smooth to the wifi now..thanks for the help :)

Glad to help and hope many others read this and realize how USELESS an virtual router software is when it's just so cheap and easy to get a real wireless router. :)

JLSeagull

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Also had the problem of my S4 losing the Wi-Fi connection and showing "saved, secured" with signal very week. My Galaxy Note tablet connects without a problem and stays connected. After reading and trying several of the solutions offered, I found the simple solution was to disable the phone Wi-Fi, reset the router (Linxsys) - I pulled the power lead completely and enable the phone Wi-Fi after the router resets. Now connected and remains connected even after I move out of range and come back.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Also had the problem of my S4 losing the Wi-Fi connection and showing "saved, secured" with signal very week. My Galaxy Note tablet connects without a problem and stays connected. After reading and trying several of the solutions offered, I found the simple solution was to disable the phone Wi-Fi, reset the router (Linxsys) - I pulled the power lead completely and enable the phone Wi-Fi after the router resets. Now connected and remains connected even after I move out of range and come back.

Completely different situatuon. As all the folks in this thread were using a virtual software router, and you are using actual hardware. The issue has already been resolved.

Zalinto

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Listen again you are getting snippy and lippy! CD/SOFTWARE same thing! I don't care if it's the newest version! The last thing I would EVER do is install the router software, I have the brains to do it manually and not clog my PC with garbage. Firmware, yes, that's a different story.
I am really getting sick of your mouth, I am now positive you are some 16 year old little **** living in your parents basement. Watch your mouth it's getting old!

I registered just to tell you to **** off. Software and cd are not the same and you're a ******* ***** *******.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I registered just to tell you to **** off. Software and cd are not the same and you're a ******* ***** *******.

Actually angry incorrect moron. YES, software and CD are the same thing.
FIRMWARE and software/CD are different.
Appears you wasted your time registering because instead of telling me off you just look like a fool.

And Virtual Router and Hardware router are two different things as well. But either way you are wrong, and the person requesting assistance was given just that, and their problem was solved.

Any other educated responses you'd like to toss out there?

skyguy2062

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I just registered to say you are an arrogant **** with a captiol C. I find it hypocritical that you call other people snippy, yet the majority of your responses are very obnoxious and you carry a holier than thou attitude. You know your stuff, no need to be an *** about it.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just registered to say you are an arrogant **** with a captiol C. I find it hypocritical that you call other people snippy, yet the majority of your responses are very obnoxious and you carry a holier than thou attitude. You know your stuff, no need to be an *** about it.

I wasn't the one who registered to tell me off, with incorrect information! If people can't take it, then the shouldn't make attempts to dish, especially when they make fools of themselves in the process.
You are probably the same guy from above that registered and looked like a moron, and you are just trying to defend yourself to save face.

SABRE24

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Not Sure You'rve done this yet, but try Adding your phone's MAC Address to the Wireless Filter tab. After searching for quite sometime on the net through different forums, I finally found a forum that solved the issue. They mentioned that it's a LINKSYS known issue.

Hope This Works Out For You

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Not Sure You'rve done this yet, but try Adding your phone's MAC Address to the Wireless Filter tab. After searching for quite sometime on the net through different forums, I finally found a forum that solved the issue. They mentioned that it's a LINKSYS known issue.

Hope This Works Out For You

The issue was solved long ago. Please read the posts before posting.

Mohanakrishnan VS

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
This is a wonderful solution worked like magic. Changed the channel to 6. It now works on even my new phone and of course the old phones. Saved Rs.2600. But for the idea, would have purchased another modem.

Regards
Mohanakrishnan

gatorgirl013

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I know this thread is old but I was hoping you can help me. I am having this issue & I did try what you suggested but it didn't help. Do you have any other suggestions?

heny0

May 10, 2015
Visit site
My S4 Connected To My WiFi At Home but no internet connection...!

My S4 Connected To My WiFi At Home but no internet connection...! if my S4 get connected through the internet my modem restart itself then it won't connect again.. no problem on my pc my wife mobile my internet tv and other gadgets...tried my other modem but still the same
every time my S4 connected my modem keeps resetting..

heny0

May 10, 2015
Visit site
My S4 Connected To My WiFi At Home but no internet connection...!

My S4 Connected To My WiFi At Home but no internet connection...! if my S4 get connected through the internet my modem restart itself then it won't connect again.. no problem on my pc my wife mobile my internet tv and other gadgets...tried my other modem but still the same
every time my S4 connected my modem keeps resetting..

HelgaVanGogh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, this worked! I've been streaming Netflix from my laptop all day and today my SG4 mini stopped recognizing my wifi (even thought the laptop still did). I restarted my laptop and my phone and after a few minutes, my phone started acting normally.
Thanks!

walkernewberg

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
My s4 won't connect to my landlords wifi. Using the correct password my lenova yoga, my iPad mini, my hp spectra, one old android bell cell and a new apple s6 cell all connect. This is my second s4 which won't connect. The first was damaged and replaced (but same SIM card). This s4 connects to phone and data and other airport wifi's just fine. Update. New Apple 6 won't connect either.

Last edited: