Battery Life on S4 Wasn't As Good As Before

Vince2133

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So recently, I've installed Swiftkey, because I was sick of the default android keyboard. But then, I've realized that the battery would drop way more than before I installed this app. So every half an hour I would drop about 1% on idle. I'm not sure if this is normal, because back then I'm pretty sure I've lost about 1% almost at least every 45 minutes or so. It's been 7 hours now, with little usage, and from 100%, it has dropped to 73%. Currently, Google Services are taking up 26%, screen is taking up 37%, and Chrome is taking up 10%, although it's closed. Sorry, I'm new to android and phones, and therefore would like to ask if this is considered "normal". Thanks.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I installed it quickly so I can't really comment, but for the sake of knowing, good bye SwiftKey for the next week.

GS4/iPhone5

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Usage is highly variable. There are just too many factors that could contribute to the difference that you're seeing. Today, for example, I didn't get so many wakelocks on my HTC One. I found it fantastic but yesterday, wakelocks were a problem for me. There is just too many factors. If you can reproduce your results tomorrow then you can install it and then test it yet again. Reproducibility is good science. Good luck.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
From your battery stats. it sounds like Google Services is using a lot of battery. Try turning location services off and closing any running Google apps, such as Google Now, and see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante