Samsung s4 exploding battery

TaySpud

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
'Great phone' is what I thought when i laid down hundreds of pounds to buy an S4. Around two months I'd had it. Yet last night, when I was out with some friends, the back seemed stupidly hot. I asked a few people if they thought it should get that hot. Worried, I took the battery out. It was SWELLING. My friend made the mistake of picking it up and it EXPLODED IN HIS HAND with a noise and cloud of smoke like a firework and left his hand SCORCHED. Don't risk your bodyparts for an S4. This should not happen.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Um...it seems to me that with the battery acid, it should have done more than scorch. If this is real, I do feel sorry for your friend but I highly doubt this is the case.

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Must be a factory fault. I've had my S4 for a month now and no problems so far. You should take it back for an exchange.

via Tapatalk, 4 Galaxies away

qxr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
That is not my experience with my S4. Yours definitely sounds like a defective battery. Exchange it. I am sure it is covered. Good luck.:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Realistically this could happen to any phone or battery. The odds of this happening are slim to none but there is that small chance it could happen. If you ever feel like something is wrong don't hesitate to take action. In this case its tricky to say what the best thing to do is. I would have left it in the phone and turned it off. Can anyone chime in as to what the best idea would be?

I hope your friend is okay.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I claim B.S, the OP has 1 post and clown as an avatar. Not too mention that if this actually happened too him, a news site would pick it up and air it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I claim B.S, the OP has 1 post and clown as an avatar. Not too mention that if this actually happened too him, a news site would pick it up and air it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

I agree. This just on the heels of a report from Asia about a GS4 burning down a house. Don't think so.....

Posted on my GS4 via Android Central App

pravsmenon

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the story and No not all of them are covered by the media. In fact I had a narrow escape with my Samsung S4 battery last week which exploded and triggered my office alarm. I have the pictures of the battery to prove it. It scorched the office table as well. I am from Bangalore. My phone is only 5 months old. The phone wasn't plugged to any charger as well. It just happened. Samsung after their analysis has agreed for a handset replacement of course but I preferred taking a reimbursement. No more S4 for me. Attaching the picture of the battery

Samsung S4 is Dangerous to Life | Throo Da Looking Glass

Attachments

• pravin battery.jpg
    pravin battery.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 51
  • batt2.jpg
    batt2.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

rori90

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, me and my sister were in the elevator and suddenly her phone battery exploded! out of nowhere?!the battery released all the acid it had inside it, filled the elevator with smoke!! and it all out of the sudden! this is the second time her S4 battery explodes!
here is a photo of the incident!
10422069_10202184696874139_8917494314388005456_n.jpg10408597_10202184697234148_6840072646437923884_n.jpg
not sure what samsung is gonna do about it!

erinxia

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
this sounds frightening, it might be a factory problem if you only had it for two months. I've had mine for a year now and the battery is still okay physically, though my battery life sucks.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
this sounds frightening, it might be a factory problem if you only had it for two months. I've had mine for a year now and the battery is still okay physically, though my battery life sucks.

I'm sorry, I know this is a serious topic but your comment made me laugh 😂

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae