Organizing Galaxy S4 Music for Music Player

Kitty Jenkins

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i am having a massive paddy about my new S4. I have been an 'iphoner' for the past 4 years and have swapped to a S4 which i LOVE.... except for the music!!! I am really anal about my song names, artists, albums and album artworks.

Is there any programs (or ways on the phone) that i can change the song names or add album artwork? I have used an Mp3 downloader app which adds the songs i download to my music library, however (and i about to sound VERY pathetic) but they aren't capitalized and that really bugs me.

Any advice would be a life saver coz at the moment i am missing my iphone 4 :(

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about editing the names of your music files, but you could probably do it one song at a time in a music player or file at a time with a file reader app.; someone may know of a way to do it as a batch process. I found this Cover Art Downloader on the Play Store and it worked very well for me - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart

EDIT: For what it's worth, I imported my music files from my PC using Kies, and use the stock S4 music player. I see my albums with cover art and all song titles are capitalized.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i am having a massive paddy about my new S4. I have been an 'iphoner' for the past 4 years and have swapped to a S4 which i LOVE.... except for the music!!! I am really anal about my song names, artists, albums and album artworks.

Is there any programs (or ways on the phone) that i can change the song names or add album artwork? I have used an Mp3 downloader app which adds the songs i download to my music library, however (and i about to sound VERY pathetic) but they aren't capitalized and that really bugs me.

Any advice would be a life saver coz at the moment i am missing my iphone 4 :(

I totally get it. I'm very anal about these kinda stuff too and just got done doing my music details. Tried a few apps and finally settled with iTag. It has everything, you can change your cover art (which it finds for you), song title, artist name, track number, etc. You'll love it!

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I use a program called Tag&Rename on my PC to tag/retag and add artwork into the mp3. After I download a disc I usually move it right to PC for backup and retag it then move a copy back to phone. That way I get everything just how I like it and a backup.
I like that program because of the batch functions but there's a lot of out there that do the same.

Posted via Android Central App

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
This App is AMAZING!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

If you art doesn't appear at first don't worry, just reboot your phone and it will appear.

Hey Aesthetic does iTag embed the art in the track or put the art in the folder.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm not sure, I did notice a some embed function. It didn't ask me which folder to place the art or anything, so I'm guessing it embedded it. Give it a try, it's only like 500kb or something.

Jonez8

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Also try the music player called power amp. I noticed you can do all of that and more plus its way better than the default music player on the s4 in my opinion

paulspencer

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about editing the names of your music files, but you could probably do it one song at a time in a music player or file at a time with a file reader app.; someone may know of a way to do it as a batch process. I found this Cover Art Downloader on the Play Store and it worked very well for me - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart

EDIT: For what it's worth, I imported my music files from my PC using Kies, and use the stock S4 music player. I see my albums with cover art and all song titles are capitalized.

Hi there I'm new here, just registered because I read your post. We just got an S4 and I have tried a test using Kies to transfer music to it from our PC. All I got was individual song files, not an album in a folder and no cover art. How did you manage to get the songs transferred as album folders and with cover art as well?

We have a bunch of albums on iTunes and I would like to transfer it all to the S4 - but obviously not as a huge number of individual files.

Cheers, Paul

OK I just realised I was looking at a "Folder" select tab and it does show indeed show the album (Cold Play MyXloto), so its just the cover art etc that is missing. Getting closer... another thing is that Kies said it would take 12 days to transfer all the music to the S4 - surely that's not right is it?

Last edited:

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there I'm new here, just registered because I read your post. We just got an S4 and I have tried a test using Kies to transfer music to it from our PC. All I got was individual song files, not an album in a folder and no cover art. How did you manage to get the songs transferred as album folders and with cover art as well?

We have a bunch of albums on iTunes and I would like to transfer it all to the S4 - but obviously not as a huge number of individual files.

Cheers, Paul

OK I just realised I was looking at a "Folder" select tab and it does show indeed show the album (Cold Play MyXloto), so its just the cover art etc that is missing. Getting closer... another thing is that Kies said it would take 12 days to transfer all the music to the S4 - surely that's not right is it?

I'm not using Kies now. I really like the iSyncr app, which works very well for iTunes music and playlists, and can be used to transfer over either USB or wifi. It costs $3.99 on the Google Play Store, but I think it's worth it.

paulspencer

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm just learning. I think I have it sorted. I used the app you mentioned and got the cover art for the Cold Play album.

Right now I am having another go with Kies and this time used the Sync function for the iTunes folder. It is transferring all the folders now and looks like it will take under an hour. Then I guess I will use the cover art app.

I may try the iSynchr app sometime but may not need to if this works out. Thanks for your help...

paulspencer

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi again, OK all folders transferred, but it seems that I can only dowload cover art one album at a time - is there a way to have it search for all album cover art?

** ignore my post - I did it the slow way, one album at a time. All done for now. Great forum. No doubt there will be more questions.

Cheers, Paul

Last edited:

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi again, OK all folders transferred, but it seems that I can only dowload cover art one album at a time - is there a way to have it search for all album cover art?

** ignore my post - I did it the slow way, one album at a time. All done for now. Great forum. No doubt there will be more questions.

Cheers, Paul
For future reference there are at least two apps in the Play Store that will download cover art for albums/songs.

Ruby_Soho

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I totally get it. I'm very anal about these kinda stuff too and just got done doing my music details. Tried a few apps and finally settled with iTag. It has everything, you can change your cover art (which it finds for you), song title, artist name, track number, etc. You'll love it!

I just tried this app, as well, and I totally love it! Thank you!!