S4 Wi-fi too slow? Or operator too slow?

zgort

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello! Just bought Galaxy S4 - my first smartphone! I am totally new at this, thank you for bearing with me.

I tried to connect to my home wireless, but the S4 says "Network disabled because internet connection is slow"

I have no problem running multiple computers, streaming movies, even xbox live multiplayer on this wifi, but the phone won't connect to it even when all other devices are powered off and disconnected. I tried resetting/ changing router settings around a bit (I am using Linksys) but no luck. Any ideas?

I did a quick forum search, did not see same problem - link to solution or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help!

MrFolz

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with a Samsung Galaxy S4. Laptop and Tablet connected to same router and internet service with no problem. Router showing 20mbps download speed from internet. S4 shows strong wi-fi signal but still disconnects, saying Internet connection is too slow.
I too have not found any solution. I also have not found anywhere in the phone to change settings pertaining to this. Isn't it my choice if I want to use a slow internet connection? Shouldn't cause wi-fi to drop out.
Any ideas?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem a while ago & all I did was reboot the router after it finished rebooting waited 15 mins then tried connecting my S4 again & it's worked fine ever since. Hope this worked for you.

Posted via Android Central App