This is a very odd issues, I am going to explain it, then tell you what I have done to try and remedy the situation.

Long story short. Randomly my phone will just not receive texts, phone calls, etc... If someone calls it goes right to voice mail. Not until I DO something that involves making a call or texting will everything start to work again. Example. 3 people send me texts, and call. When I wonder why my buddy hasn't messaged me I message him and BOOM I get an onslaught of texts, WITH the correct time stamp or when they were originally sent.

My phone is locked to my provider. Not rooted. I have tried a factory reset and not installed ANY apps and it still happened. My provider says they have no other issues, or complaints of that nature.
    The only thing I can think if, is I live in a basement apartment. Is it possible because I have low bars or one bar that this would prevent me from receiving texts and calls? And if so WHY when I make a call or send a text does it kick back into service.

Any suggestions?
    09-10-2013 04:10 PM
    Yes, it is quite possible the lack of signal getting to the phone could cause you not to get your notifications/calls. When you make a call or send a text, the phone has to wake itself up and try to find a signal. Someone else may correct me, but unless the signal is just strong enough to keep the connection, the phone will only search out a signal every so often. It may be the calls/texts come through when the network does not show you connected, and routes them accordingly.

Do you have the same issue above ground level with a good network connection?
    09-10-2013 04:40 PM
    Yes, it is quite possible the lack of signal getting to the phone could cause you not to get your notifications/calls. When you make a call or send a text, the phone has to wake itself up and try to find a signal. Someone else may correct me, but unless the signal is just strong enough to keep the connection, the phone will only search out a signal every so often. It may be the calls/texts come through when the network does not show you connected, and routes them accordingly.

Do you have the same issue above ground level with a good network connection?
    Thanks for the reply. And I agree it makes sense, considering it ONLY happens while I am home. So no, never has happened, that I can recall, outside of my basement apartment.
    Sometimes it's the most simple things eh?
    Now to hunt down a CHEAP way to boost signal. I saw a device on the Android Store for doing so but it's some crazy price. This thing:
    Wilson Electronics MobilePro Cellular Signal Booster - Android Signal Boosters - ShopAndroid

So I shall now google the world and find a cheap home made alternative

Thanks again!
    09-11-2013 09:12 PM
    If you do find a cheap alternative, please post. I've got almost no signal where I live.
    09-12-2013 12:30 PM
    I have had that same issue but I still get 2 bars
    09-12-2013 02:46 PM
    If you do find a cheap alternative, please post. I've got almost no signal where I live.
    No cheap alternative found

- - - Updated - - -

I have had that same issue but I still get 2 bars
    Just when you are in a basement or does it happen anywhere?
    09-12-2013 09:17 PM