10-01-2013 05:13 AM
39 12
tools
    As an iPhone 5 owner I was super disappointed... This must be how people with galaxy s3's felt like. I get it at least, why make breath taking changes every year when the biggest market on planet uses 2 year scamtracts (ty T-Mobile for ushering in carrier freedom).

GS4/iPhone5
    I still have ios devices (ipad, ipod touch, Apple TV) so I guess thats part of the reason why im not that bothered. I think id be more satisfied if I only had ios devices vs only having android devices. I tried all android last year and after a few months ran out to buy ios devices. However I have to say that the s4 is the best android device I've owned by a mile.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    09-16-2013 09:48 AM
    I've been debating of making the switch for over a year, i finally made the switch about a month ago. I sold my Iphone 5 32g for a really good price after i heard all the predictions of what the next iphone might have. Now i've had every iphone since they came out. When they first came out, nothing could ever compare to the iphone. As time went by i've watched Android grow, and grow but it wasn't till the iphone 4 that i noticed Apples lead in sales, etc...was getting smaller, and smaller as Android slowly got better. After the 4S came out and there was no big difference than the previous version is when i really started to think about making the change over to Android.Then the Iphone 5 came out and i was happy to see the screen increased a 1/2" better camera, etc.. but at the same time i noticed all these different manufactures come out with their flagship Android devices and i was extremely jealous of what was available. Realizing that i'm hundreds of $$$ invested in Apples ecosystem, songs, apps,etc..i really felt like i was obligated or i should say prisoner to Apple. Well long story short here i am a proud new owner of the Android System , i have a Galaxy S4, and just got the new Nexous 7 tablet, because Android not only did they catch up and pass Apple by with their phones, now Android has way better tablets than Apple.
    rajnet likes this.
    09-16-2013 10:20 AM
    As an iPhone 5 owner I was super disappointed... This must be how people with galaxy s3's felt like. I get it at least, why make breath taking changes every year when the biggest market on planet uses 2 year scamtracts (ty T-Mobile for ushering in carrier freedom).

GS4/iPhone5
    Eh, I highly doubt that OEMs like Samsung consider contract length when developing new devices (it's not like the entire population has the same upgrade date). Also, I think the biggest difference between the Galaxy S3 to S4 vs. iPhone 5 to 5s is that the fact that I think a lot less S3 owners were "disapointed" when the features/specs of the S4 was released. Yeah, sure, a lot of folks around here noticed that it wasn't nearly as much of an upgrade as the S2 was to the S3 (for example), but it was hard to be "disapointed" about it when S4 was still an awesome device...I mean, it wasn't Samsung's fault the the S3 was so great that there just wasn't as much to add to it. With the iPhone, however, I think there a lot of folks who are a bit more disappointed because the phones are still lacking features that people are clamoring for. This, however, is just my observation. Another way to put it is that when the S4 was announced, there's weren't a lot of S3 owners going, "what, why have they still not added [insert feature here]!?!?"

NOTE: I'm not saying that the S4 isn't a substantial upgrade over the S3...heck, the camera alone is a HUGE upgrade, not to mention everything else...just commenting on the public's perception.

I've been debating of making the switch for over a year, i finally made the switch about a month ago. I sold my Iphone 5 32g for a really good price after i heard all the predictions of what the next iphone might have. Now i've had every iphone since they came out. When they first came out, nothing could ever compare to the iphone. As time went by i've watched Android grow, and grow but it wasn't till the iphone 4 that i noticed Apples lead in sales, etc...was getting smaller, and smaller as Android slowly got better. After the 4S came out and there was no big difference than the previous version is when i really started to think about making the change over to Android.Then the Iphone 5 came out and i was happy to see the screen increased a 1/2" better camera, etc.. but at the same time i noticed all these different manufactures come out with their flagship Android devices and i was extremely jealous of what was available. Realizing that i'm hundreds of $$$ invested in Apples ecosystem, songs, apps,etc..i really felt like i was obligated or i should say prisoner to Apple. Well long story short here i am a proud new owner of the Android System , i have a Galaxy S4, and just got the new Nexous 7 tablet, because Android not only did they catch up and pass Apple by with their phones, now Android has way better tablets than Apple.
    I agree with a lot of what was said above, and often the hardest thing about switching platforms is leaving one ecosystem behind and starting over with a new one.
    09-16-2013 11:58 AM
    Oh, and to answer the OP, I sometimes find the subject of these threads funny because to someone like me, whatever the iPhone did or didn't do was going to have absolutely ZERO effect on my decision on whether or not to buy an S4.

For me, the biggest concern was the locked bootloader. I can honestly say that as much as I really like both my previous S3 and current S4, I'd really love to be able to buy a Nexus device, but I've also not wanted to leave Verizon either. I'm a "hobbyist" when it comes to Android, and I prefer to be able to root and run custom ROMs and such, but that is simply becoming impossible on most of Verizon's devices (luckily I at least don't have the ME7 upgrade on my S4 and can still install ROMs). With no *true* Nexus or Google Ed. devices on Verizon, I have a feeling that my next upgrade will include a carrier switch as well.

I bring all that up because I just wanted to point out that it's not always a question of "should I get an iPhone or Android" for many of us...and what drives our decisions to buy the devices we buy is often very different depending on individual preferences...which is also the only person that really tell you which device is better for you is...you.
    qxr likes this.
    09-16-2013 12:13 PM
    I am.

I had an iPhone 5 and went to the HTC One then S4

The iPhone 5S to me is nothing special besides the 64Bit chip because that truly will push games to the next level

BUT

The iPhone is the same easily scratched and easily dented aluminum phone with iOS7 that offers little new besides a new fresh look. I always thought the S line was suppose to add more features compared to its predecessor, but a slight camera upgrade, new colors, processor, and fingerprint reader aren't enough. I first found the S4 to be gimmicky but some of the features like multi window are useful and are the answer to true multitasking. The battery life on the S4 is fantastic and the camera is great. No doubt the S4's plastic build feels cheap and slippery but to be honest my iPhone and HTC One were always in cases so in the end who cares?

I will defiantly give the iPhone 6 a hard look but after going back to Android 4" isn't cutting it, so maybe a Nexus or S5 might be in my future, but for now the S4 has lived up to the hype and defiantly is a triple threat with size, camera, and battery
    09-17-2013 01:48 PM
    Same here. I completely agree.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-22-2013 03:49 PM
    They can use a 64bit cpu all they want it does not mean anything unless the os is 64bit. Now dies this mean they will have 2 versions of ios now? I really dont think so. I think apple just sold people the undercoating on there used car.
    iOS 7 does support 64 bit architecture. So far no app support as far as I can tell though. A bigger screen would do the trick for me. For now, I'm content.

09-22-2013 04:36 PM
    I think Infinity Blade 3 supports it but that's it for now. Will probably take a while for more to come out, by that time there will likely be a 64-bit Android phone
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    09-22-2013 05:16 PM
    I got my Samsung Galaxy S 4 on 9/6/2013, I used be own iphones, since the 3G > 3GS > 4 > 4S. But I got disappointed with the 5 because of the taller screen. So I decided to give Samsung Galaxy S 4 a try and I gotta say, I love it. I don't think I will ever go back to iphone (unless they come up with a 5 inch and blows S4 out of water, then I might consider going back).
    09-22-2013 10:50 PM
    I am happy with my gs4 but have one issue with it. The screen randomly wakes up from sleep(unlocks) when it is locked. It's very annoying and consumes a lot of battery life.

09-23-2013 07:11 AM
    Try downloading an app called Wakelock detector, it'll tell you which apps are keeping your GS4 from going into deep sleep
    09-30-2013 07:58 PM
    64 bit is just marketing. I mean what tween uses an iPhone for graphic intense gaming on that tiny screen. Second it's useless with 1024MB of ram..

AM759 likes this.
    09-30-2013 11:56 PM
    I actually sold my iPhone 5 for the S4. I knew apple would be stubborn and not put out a bigger screen this year. As previous poster mentioned, it would have been nice if they would have came out with something better considering I have macbook pro and apple TV. Couldn't wait any longer. And I was avid apple supporter. Now I'm going to give my son my S4 and pick up the Note 3. Apple could have really dominated the market with a bigger screen. Imo, that's what people really wanted from them. Too bad. They do make quality products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    I was hoping to see a bigger screen but I dont see why they keep making the same exact phone but renaming it. Thr iphone 4s and the iphone 5 are basically the same exact thing.

10-01-2013 05:09 AM
    64 bit is just marketing. I mean what tween uses an iPhone for graphic intense gaming on that tiny screen. Second it's useless with 1024MB of ram..

You are so uninformed.
    10-01-2013 05:13 AM
39 12