Hi,

I've recently bought a Sprint Galaxy S4. Before anyone suggests this, I bought it use so there's no waranty, no returns. Here's what's been happening:
    The first few days with the S4 were great. I had no issues with the phone. Then, something weird started happening. I noticed how the homescreen/launcher would reload/redraw almost everytime I opened and used an app. This is VERY annoying and pretty much makes the awesome hardware on this phone useless, making me way for the launcher to load. I tried using GoLauncher, Nova Launcher and some others but still, same issue.

I looked up a solution, all I found was using the Supercharger V6 script, which does NOT work on the S4, and disabling all animations, which is not a solution for me since it will still redraw the launcher. I do not want to get a new phone, I love the S4 and like I said before, returning it is not a possibility.

The phone is currently rooted, but I already tried reinstalling the stock ROM via ODIN (which would unroot the device), did a factory reset, wipe/format via recovery and all that crap, lol. I'd appreciate a working solution, will buy a beer to whoever gives one to me. Hahaha.

Thanks in advance!
    09-11-2013 07:55 AM
    Hi,

I've recently bought a Sprint Galaxy S4. Before anyone suggests this, I bought it use so there's no waranty, no returns. Here's what's been happening:
    The first few days with the S4 were great. I had no issues with the phone. Then, something weird started happening. I noticed how the homescreen/launcher would reload/redraw almost everytime I opened and used an app. This is VERY annoying and pretty much makes the awesome hardware on this phone useless, making me way for the launcher to load. I tried using GoLauncher, Nova Launcher and some others but still, same issue.

I looked up a solution, all I found was using the Supercharger V6 script, which does NOT work on the S4, and disabling all animations, which is not a solution for me since it will still redraw the launcher. I do not want to get a new phone, I love the S4 and like I said before, returning it is not a possibility.

The phone is currently rooted, but I already tried reinstalling the stock ROM via ODIN (which would unroot the device), did a factory reset, wipe/format via recovery and all that crap, lol. I'd appreciate a working solution, will buy a beer to whoever gives one to me. Hahaha.

Thanks in advance!
    Have you tried disabling app in the Application Manager? Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-required.html
    09-12-2013 11:39 PM