angad

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
If u downloading frm google play ur apps stuff..den u actually dont need it..its just a burden on p4ocessor and battery

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
If u downloading frm google play ur apps stuff..den u actually dont need it..its just a burden on p4ocessor and battery

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
I guess you missed all those news stories with thousands getting infected from all the times viruses made it past the Play Store's scanners, huh? ;) Just like with a PC, the only safe bet is to stay offline and never download/install anything. You could get away without a scanner if you never plan to download anything that isn't an update to something already on your phone or a very trusted developer. There are people who never venture outside of their phone's primary function. Then there are people who like all the different apps, widgets, themes, etc., and have the potential to get infected, including myself. Sprint's partnered with Lookout and soon Samsung will be be too, so that's what I use. I hope something gets worked out where S4 users get a discount or some other benefit, as we did with DropBox.

In the end though, it's all still a matter of personal preference and how you operate your phone. ;)