The screen on my S4 completely stopped working last Saturday. I took it into a Verizon store and they are sending me a free one that will get here on Friday.

The problem is none of my new contacts over the last month have saved to Gmail for some reason. I would really like to get the contacts off of my phone. I downloaded Kies and updated it, but when I plug my S4 in nothing happens (I am using Windows 7). I have tried syncing contacts to Verizon Backup Assistant but every time I click "Sync" a loading bar comes up but nothing ever updates.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    09-11-2013 11:45 PM
    The screen on my S4 completely stopped working last Saturday. I took it into a Verizon store and they are sending me a free one that will get here on Friday.

The problem is none of my new contacts over the last month have saved to Gmail for some reason. I would really like to get the contacts off of my phone. I downloaded Kies and updated it, but when I plug my S4 in nothing happens (I am using Windows 7). I have tried syncing contacts to Verizon Backup Assistant but every time I click "Sync" a loading bar comes up but nothing ever updates.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    Bump. Is there nothing I can do?
    09-13-2013 10:32 AM
    Do you have any indication the phone is still working "behind the scenes" of the inoperative screen? For example, if you call your mobile number does the phone ring, or if you start charging it do you see the red notification led? If the phone is completely dead there's probably nothing you can do; if the phone is still operative except for the screen you might have success. If there are indications the phone is still operative, maybe try re-booting by removing and then replacing the battery, then try Kies again.
    09-13-2013 10:52 AM
    Do you have any indication the phone is still working "behind the scenes" of the inoperative screen? For example, if you call your mobile number does the phone ring, or if you start charging it do you see the red notification led? If the phone is completely dead there's probably nothing you can do; if the phone is still operative except for the screen you might have success. If there are indications the phone is still operative, maybe try re-booting by removing and then replacing the battery, then try Kies again.
    There are indications that it is still working behind the scenes. When I plug the phone in or press the home button the menu and back icons turn on for a few seconds just like they normally would. I have tried doing that before though with no luck.
    09-13-2013 12:28 PM
    There are indications that it is still working behind the scenes. When I plug the phone in or press the home button the menu and back icons turn on for a few seconds just like they normally would. I have tried doing that before though with no luck.
    My only other thought would be to go ahead and fully charge the phone, then re-boot it, then connect it with USB to the computer and see if you can access the phone's storage either using Kies or if the computer operating system will recognize the phone and do it that way. When you connect now with USB, does the computer recognize that there's a device connected?
    09-13-2013 01:15 PM