I just got my S4, Verizon, and all my contacts from backup, gmail, and facebook have synced properly. I have gone through and cleaned up all my duplicates and merged the gmail and facebook contacts.

I have several contacts from years and years ago, before smartphones, gmail and sim cards, that are only on the device list.

How can I send these contacts to my gmail account? I would like to eliminate the need for Verizons backup assistant and have all my phone numbers in Gmail.
    09-12-2013 10:36 AM
    There's a MERGE ACCOUNTS option, but I've never really used it... Might be what you're looking for.
    09-12-2013 10:57 AM
    I had found a how-to on doing that, but have been unable to find that option in the settings. Listed I have:

Speed dial setting
    Send message/Email
    Contacts to display
    09-12-2013 11:21 AM
    Humm... weird, I don't have the Backup option but do have the Merge one... In your accounts, have you selected to sync Google Contacts? (I know you probably are since you say you downloaded them from GMail, but just trying to figure this out :P).
    09-12-2013 12:02 PM
    Did a double check just to make sure, every option under the Google account is checked.
    09-12-2013 01:17 PM
    All I can think of is that, for some reason, Verizon removed that option from their ROM. If they're trying to push their own backup service I can see why... Are there a lot of contacts? Because you could also try 'the old way':

1) The REALLY old way. Go one by one and copy all your old contacts into Google Contacts. I prefer doing this in a computer.
    2) Export your old contacts to a spreadsheet file (I see you still have the Import/Export option). Once the file is available, it can be imported into Google Contacts. I've done this in a PC, don't really know if the same method is available on mobile, but at least you can try it on your computer.
    09-12-2013 03:19 PM
    I did go the OLD way. Except not via spread sheet. It was only a dozen or so, so not too bad.
    09-17-2013 07:51 AM