Hi,

I have just moved from iphone to S4. On my iphone, If I chose "folder x" with pictures in it in itunes, to be synced with my iphone and folder x had multiple sub-folders, each sub-folder would show as a separate album on the iphone. On my S4, however, all the sub-folders (albums) I have within my folder x, seem to be shown as one album, although, Kies does recognise the different subfolders and even allows me to choose which subfolders to sync.

I was wondering if I may be doing something wrong or if there is a work-around to this problem? I would like to set-up sync in a way that all the folders I am syncing are shown as different albums.

Thanks
    09-12-2013 11:54 AM
    Sorry, I had written a post but apparently the Gallery changed... I CAN see all my albums and sub-albums as separate entries in the Gallery o_O So weird...
    09-12-2013 12:16 PM
    or you could break down your albums into separate folders.
    Hi,

Sorry I am a little confused here. My Albums are actually broken down into separate folders, however when I go into Kies to sync photos and choose the "select photo folder" option, it only allows me to choose one folder. This is the reason why I had to put the albums into sub-folders, as I can choose the main folder to sync. But when I choose the main folder, Kies, lists out all the sub-folders and allows me to select which ones to sync but the pictures end up showing as one folder.

I wonder, what would be the workaround to this?

On another note, can I do achieve this using the "mass storage mode"?
    09-12-2013 12:25 PM
    Have you tried to load the pictures onto your phone without Kies? Just dragging and dropping files... Oh, that's what you're asking in the last question... haha sorry, I must be half asleep.

So, Android for some effin' reason decided to remove support for Mass Storage Mode and decided to leave only Media Mode and Camera Mode, which most devices aren't compatible with without a proper driver. But if you have a Windows computer, it should be pretty straight forward; just plug your phone in, select Media (MTP) and you should see your phone as a separate drive. Depending on your Windows version you will or will not be able to see thumbnails as in a 'normal' USB drive.
    09-12-2013 03:13 PM
    Hi,

I have windows 8. I can see the phone as a drive (as a portable media player to be precise). However, when I go to the images folder or any other folder for that matter, I do not see anything at all.
    09-12-2013 10:15 PM
    In another thread someone provided the solution to being able to see files on your phone and transfer files from your computer to your phone as if your phone were a drive. If you haven't already done so, activate Developer Options in settings, then check the USB Debugging option so it will be active. After that, when you connect with USB to the computer you can treat the phone's internal and, if you have it, external SD as drives.
    09-13-2013 07:43 AM