I apologize up front if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I'm looking for either an app (I'm even willing to pay for one) or settings on my S4 (SGH-M919) that automatically silence everything at night except calls and (ideally) IM's.

I'm using this as a work phone and I need this for the nights that I'm call. I need to able to get calls and (again, ideally) IM's for work but I don't want all the other notification sounds (emails, chirps, beeps, etc).

I tried Locale, but AFTER I paid 10 bucks they said that Locale for Android doesn't do that. I also tried Tracker which would seem to be able to do what I want, but is far above my skill level.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sabajeff
    09-13-2013 08:46 AM
    I use "Do Not Disturb" which can silence everything except people in your contact list. I'm not sure how it handles IM's though.
    09-13-2013 08:50 AM
    Blocking mode will do the job. Can be set to a specific time frame and can handle calls, notifications, alarms, and the LED individually. You can also add specific contacts to the allow list so they get through. It's found on the My Device tab in Settings.
    09-13-2013 08:56 AM
    Try Blocking Mode, it's inbuilt in the phone
    09-13-2013 02:13 PM