Screen does not turn off during call

kjmff5

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
New to the forum. Just grabbed a S4. When I make a call, the screen does not turn off. I know the proximity sensor works because Air gesture works, and I tried *#0*# with no cover the proximity is 0 with ADC of 3-5, then when I cover it the screen turns green with a proximity of 1 and ADC of 255. Is this a software issue now? Also under settings->my device->call->"Turn off screen during calls" is checked. The screen turns off after 30 seconds but thats because that is the time limit I set it as. I want it to turn off when I bring it to my face so I dont hit buttons on accident.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're right, that shouldn't happen. Did you buy it new or used? If used, did you do a factory wipe, or are there apps from the previous owner still installed? Check to make sure there aren't any 3rd party apps that might be intended to prevent the screen from turning off.

kjmff5

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for replying! Well somehow it fixed itself! I did absolutely nothing different. FYI I bought this phone new from amazon. I dont think I loaded it with any apps that should keep the screen on. I am so confused why randomly it starts working. Oh well life's great mysteries

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's working again, but keep trying to reproduce this problem. If it happens again, I would recommend bringing it back for an exchange, since you just got it. Better to do so now than in a few months, when you'll get more hassles for trying to exchange it.

kjmff5

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of exchanged, that' something I do not want to deal with. I already had to swap out my phone once for a defective screen. Is there any option to make back up and restore as smooth as iPhones?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy