I am originally an iPhone user. I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 as an upgrade.

What is this phone capable of, really.
    How do I get these cool features everyone talks about
    What can this phone really do.
    09-14-2013 07:11 AM
    I am originally an iPhone user. I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 as an upgrade.

What is this phone capable of, really.
    How do I get these cool features everyone talks about
    What can this phone really do.
    Welcome to the forums, and Android!
    1. True multi tasking, made easier using the Multi Window. Enable in Settings>Display, I think.
    2. Like what? Almost all of the Samsung features should be active right out of the box. I think to make sure those options are on is to go to Settings>Display, too.
    3. I guess I need clarification. What is it you are looking for it to do?
    09-14-2013 08:12 AM
    Right now I feel that my iPhone is way better. This android and widget stuff is too complex. I need to really use this phone to its fullest capabilities, to be satisfied.
    09-14-2013 09:17 AM
    Right now I feel that my iPhone is way better. This android and widget stuff is too complex. I need to really use this phone to its fullest capabilities, to be satisfied.
    What separates Android from Apple is customization, widgets, segregation of the app drawer and home screens and multi tasking.
    Some widgets are overcomplicated, so I would suggest starting with a simple weather widget. A widget is an aspect of an application that always shows information. Like the weather. I have an app called 1Weather. I hardly go into it, because the info I need is right up on my home screen. The other 3 that I use are calendar, Google Now, and Sound Search from Play.
    Utilizing the device to fullest capability would be using the widgets, shortcuts, setting up you home screens, and using the multi window.
    Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-14-2013 10:40 AM
    Download Kindle app & download "Mastering the Galaxy S4" by Sharon Vaknin. A nice guide to get started.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    09-14-2013 10:55 AM
    09-14-2013 03:08 PM
    Time for a new phone and time for a change!! I'm switching from the iPhone to Android and its hard picking between the HTC One and the Galaxy S4 can some help me with some answers?

K one the Watch on app looks really cool can anyone tell me if it supports Anthem MRX avrs? Also does it send notifictions for TV shows that you like for the day their on?

Is Samsung fast with software updates? I've read that some companies are slow to do this

I've read problems about the S4 being laggy and runs hot? Is this true?
    09-14-2013 03:50 PM
    Time for a new phone and time for a change!! I'm switching from the iPhone to Android and its hard picking between the HTC One and the Galaxy S4 can some help me with some answers?

K one the Watch on app looks really cool can anyone tell me if it supports Anthem MRX avrs? Also does it send notifictions for TV shows that you like for the day their on?

Is Samsung fast with software updates? I've read that some companies are slow to do this

Samsung is really good with updating flagships. Warm batteries may have varying reasons, so hard to say.
    Lag...depends on your point of view and defining lag. Android will never be as fast as iOS. iOS operates with user input as high priority. Android does not, thus some lag can be seen. However, since everything is a compromise for something else, the lag is why Android can multi task.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-14-2013 04:10 PM
    I'd suggest reading through the user manual if you haven't already done so. Next, I'd keep an eye on the forums for tips and issues; I've learned a lot here.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-14-2013 06:20 PM
    Many many things... You have to play around with it I guess
    09-19-2013 05:09 AM

I can help answer the last few questions. The custom skin Samsung puts on its phones is what can cause lag and the battery to get hot at times. From what I've read elsewhere the Google play edition galaxy s4 provides better battery, no lag at all and an amazing android experience. Same is true for the HTC one Google play edition phones. Also, they get updated petty quickly compared to others. Last android update got to the Google play edition phones just 9 days after the announcement! Other custom skinned phones get updated months afterwards. If you can afford the price tag I'd say get the galaxy s4 Google play edition if it works with your carrier. Otherwise, I've heard the normal HTC One phone is smoother than the normal galaxy s4 but the s4 might get an update more than the One. Good luck

Posted via Android Central App
    09-19-2013 05:12 AM
    Personally, I've found Samsung's stock Touchwiz interfaces works fine for me. I haven't had any significant issues with lag or battery heat. Any time you use an electronic computing device such as these there will be a heat increase with higher processing requirements, such as games, so that should be expected.
    09-19-2013 07:45 AM