Samsung Galaxy S4 to VGA Projector

zuls020

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, new here. I want to connect my Galaxy S4 to a projector that has a VGA input and would like to know what the right adaptor would be. Are there any micro usb to vga adaptors that are powered by the phone's battery or own ac supply? I'd rather not buy another self-powered HDMI to VGA adaptor due to space.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There seem to be a lot of microUSB to VGA adapters (like this one on Amazon), but I'm not sure what you mean by an adapter that is powered by the phone's battery. I've never used this technology before--so are you saying that other adapters you've tried require a separate power supply? Or are you looking for an adapter that will also power the VGA projector using the phone's battery over USB connection?

brian brown6

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Just curious what projector do you have? Seems that most projectors have HDMI these days. My Orealo C1 MHL Slim Pico Projector came with the MHL Adapter and a 3.5mm A/V cable, So its just plug n play. Im curious now how you would go VGA too now. LOL. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37