False "Sprint Original Configuration" update

TheAvgJoe

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi people,
For the past 3 weeks, I've gotten a "Sprint Original Configuration" update notice in the drop down bar. I hit it once to find out what it was and my phone went back to factory. I keep getting this notice but delete it. How can I stop this? Sprint says they know nothing about it. I'm assuming it's malware. Anyone else getting this?

Posted via Android Central App

TheAvgJoe

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have lookout installed and it's in the top left of the bar. My S4 is roughly 3 months old now. I typed "false sprint default configuration" into Google search but no hits.
Thank you for trying to answer though.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have lookout installed and it's in the top left of the bar. My S4 is roughly 3 months old now. I typed "false sprint default configuration" into Google search but no hits.
Thank you for trying to answer though.

If Lookout isn't picking it up as malware, next time the alert appears, press and hold on the notification. An "App Info" button will appear. Click it to have it take you to the information on the offending app. Let us know what it is (if it doesn't look suspicious) and you'll also have more info to provide Sprint's customer service.