10-02-2013 03:26 PM
97 ... 234
tools
    Now if I could stream movies wirelessly in HD with full surround to my TV, well, that'd be sliq.
    I used to be able to do that with my Epic 4G to my PS3! I now do it with my S3 to my WD Live TV player. Its all hooked up to my HT system...
    09-24-2013 06:43 AM
    I thought it would just work with Samsung TVs too, but found by accident that I can share photos to my Panasonic Viera (which has a wireless connection to my wireless router) from the stock gallery app.
    It will be able to push pictures and music you have on your phone to any device with DLNA. I'm not sure about video, but I know it works with the Roku app. If you want to mirror your phone's screen, no matter what is on it, to your TV you need a Samsung Smart TV or their set top box.
    09-24-2013 08:57 AM
    All in all, what I tell my customers at Sams Club when they ask what is the TV with the best picture..."Go with what looks good to you, because that TV is the one you will have in your house when you buy it, its something that you will eventually be living with...I can't tell you what is the best because my personal opinion might not match yours (and it usually doesn't)." You bought YOUR phone for a reason, you live with that one, not mine...just do what you do, and don't worry about what I'm using
    09-24-2013 09:28 AM
    All in all, what I tell my customers at Sams Club when they ask what is the TV with the best picture..."Go with what looks good to you, because that TV is the one you will have in your house when you buy it, its something that you will eventually be living with...I can't tell you what is the best because my personal opinion might not match yours (and it usually doesn't)." You bought YOUR phone for a reason, you live with that one, not mine...just do what you do, and don't worry about what I'm using
    This is a good and honest approach. Some people do need, and will appreciate more specific guidance. If someone at the office asks me what is the best Android phone for them I think it'd be most helpful for me to ask them somethings about their preferences, priorities, budget, and how they'd use the device. Based on that their responses I'd make a recommendation. Phones are becoming (have become?) very personal extensions of ourselves, becoming more and more our premier tools. Recommending the right one may mean knowing something about the owner's needs/wants.

Though the HTC One, Moto X, G2, and S4 may be the best phones out and about right this moment which of those, if any, would be the best for someone who wants a basic smartphone experience with as little up-front out-of-pocket expenditure could lead to further discussion. It might be none of the above if the HTC One Mini is available for $5 on contract and screen size doesn't matter.

Note 8.0
    09-24-2013 10:10 AM
    It will be able to push pictures and music you have on your phone to any device with DLNA. I'm not sure about video, but I know it works with the Roku app. If you want to mirror your phone's screen, no matter what is on it, to your TV you need a Samsung Smart TV or their set top box.
    For what it's worth (may not be much), I found that I can stream YouTube from the phone to my father-in-law's Samsung Smart TV.
    09-24-2013 10:35 AM
    For what it's worth (may not be much), I found that I can stream YouTube from the phone to my father-in-law's Samsung Smart TV.
    That's pretty cool but I thought Samsung's SmartTV's had YouTube built in too.

Note 8.0
    09-24-2013 10:57 AM
    I never understood smart tvs now that Chromecast is out. Can get Netflix YouTube, all that through Chromecast for $35 and save hundreds on a TV .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-24-2013 11:47 AM
    That's pretty cool but I thought Samsung's SmartTV's had YouTube built in too.

Note 8.0
    That's why I said it might not be worth much.
    09-24-2013 12:42 PM
    Samsung Smart TV's have YouTube application built in the TV. My dads new 70" Sharp Aquos TV has Youtube app built in as well. The cool thing is that you can use your tablet or phone to search and run videos to the TV. So your tablet and phone become the remote. Way better than using the TV's remote and clicking left, right, up or down to type anything in! So annoyingly frustrating!!
    09-24-2013 01:30 PM
    Samsung Smart TV's have YouTube application built in the TV. My dads new 70" Sharp Aquos TV has Youtube app built in as well. The cool thing is that you can use your tablet or phone to search and run videos to the TV. So your tablet and phone become the remote. Way better than using the TV's remote and clicking left, right, up or down to type anything in! So annoyingly frustrating!!
    You can do this with Chromecast to though for way less.. On any TV :P.

09-24-2013 01:33 PM

I'm well aware of this Almeuit! Its ashame that Chromecast didn't come out earlier.
    09-24-2013 01:44 PM

Wait is Chromecast actually out and available for $35..? Sorry that I'm too lazy to search right atm hahah. I was thinking about getting one!

Posted via Android Central App
    09-29-2013 02:22 AM
    So is there a way to mirror or show photos on a TV without having a smart TV or Samsungs mirroring device thing? I know you can use the phone as a remote for YouTube (I did it for my xbox). But for pictures and stuff, is there a way to display them without requiring a smart TV or that device?

I have a 60" Samsung unsmart TV for reference! :P

09-29-2013 02:25 AM
    So is there a way to mirror or show photos on a TV without having a smart TV or Samsungs mirroring device thing? I know you can use the phone as a remote for YouTube (I did it for my xbox). But for pictures and stuff, is there a way to display them without requiring a smart TV or that device?

Not that I'm aware of.

S IV
    09-29-2013 04:57 AM
    Wait is Chromecast actually out and available for $35..? Sorry that I'm too lazy to search right atm hahah. I was thinking about getting one!

Yep. $35 is all you need for it.

KevroniCoal likes this.
    09-30-2013 06:40 AM
    I tried my gf's S4 mini screen during the weekend, I found it more readable (fonts) than my One!
    Perhaps the higher contrast of Amoled...
    Tried the screen under sunlight and I didn't noticed a big difference with my One's screen,the One was slightly brighter but not like some said (''huge difference''),the S4 mini was readable even under strong noon sun of the mountain.
    It was the S4 mini but I think it's the same amoled technology than S4
    09-30-2013 07:43 AM

If you have a device connected to your TV that has DLNA you most likely can (Blu-ray player, maybe). Roku has an app that lets you show pictures, music and video on your TV, too, but you have to have a Roku for that.
    KevroniCoal likes this.
    09-30-2013 10:02 AM
    I tried my gf's S4 mini screen during the weekend, I found it more readable (fonts) than my One!
    Perhaps the higher contrast of Amoled...
    Tried the screen under sunlight and I didn't noticed a big difference with my One's screen,the One was slightly brighter but not like some said (''huge difference''),the S4 mini was readable even under strong noon sun of the mountain.
    It was the S4 mini but I think it's the same amoled technology than S4
    I agree that the AMOLED screen isn't that hard to use in the sunlight. I can actually use it (not ultra easily, though) in [in]direct sunlight. Basically when it's pretty sunny out and the sky is bright, I can still manage to use my phone in the lowest brightness setting. I can kind of (but hardly) read text. I usually would have to raise the brightness (which is easy - just slide down on the screen for the notif bar and find the brightness adjuster) momentarily until I'm finished with the phone outside our something.

It's honestly not as hard as some people have been saying to use the AMOLED screen outside. Compared to normal LEDs it may seem a little tough - but it's well worth the small sacrifice for a screen that can produce vibrant colors and awesome true blacks.

09-30-2013 08:51 PM
    I was out at Epcot this weekend, had the brightness all the way up and it was very difficult to see in the sun. Otherwise I still think it's a nice screen.
    09-30-2013 08:58 PM
    I was out at Epcot this weekend, had the brightness all the way up and it was very difficult to see in the sun. Otherwise I still think it's a nice screen.
    Try auto brightness and +5,it does increase the brightness
    10-01-2013 03:21 AM
    Try auto brightness and +5,it does increase the brightness
    What do you mean by +5?where do you do that?
    10-02-2013 02:34 PM
    The s4 screen is awesome. I have zero complaints about really.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    KevroniCoal likes this.
    10-02-2013 03:26 PM
97 ... 234