Why everyone is bashing the S4 screen?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never understood smart tvs now that Chromecast is out. Can get Netflix YouTube, all that through Chromecast for $35 and save hundreds on a TV :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth (may not be much), I found that I can stream YouTube from the phone to my father-in-law's Samsung Smart TV.

Samsung Smart TV's have YouTube application built in the TV. My dads new 70" Sharp Aquos TV has Youtube app built in as well. The cool thing is that you can use your tablet or phone to search and run videos to the TV. So your tablet and phone become the remote. Way better than using the TV's remote and clicking left, right, up or down to type anything in! So annoyingly frustrating!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Smart TV's have YouTube application built in the TV. My dads new 70" Sharp Aquos TV has Youtube app built in as well. The cool thing is that you can use your tablet or phone to search and run videos to the TV. So your tablet and phone become the remote. Way better than using the TV's remote and clicking left, right, up or down to type anything in! So annoyingly frustrating!!

You can do this with Chromecast to though for way less.. On any TV :p.

KevroniCoal

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
You can do this with Chromecast to though for way less.. On any TV :p.

Wait is Chromecast actually out and available for $35..? Sorry that I'm too lazy to search right atm hahah. I was thinking about getting one!

Posted via Android Central App

KevroniCoal

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
So is there a way to mirror or show photos on a TV without having a smart TV or Samsungs mirroring device thing? I know you can use the phone as a remote for YouTube (I did it for my xbox). But for pictures and stuff, is there a way to display them without requiring a smart TV or that device?

I have a 60" Samsung unsmart TV for reference! :p

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So is there a way to mirror or show photos on a TV without having a smart TV or Samsungs mirroring device thing? I know you can use the phone as a remote for YouTube (I did it for my xbox). But for pictures and stuff, is there a way to display them without requiring a smart TV or that device?

Not that I'm aware of.

S IV

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait is Chromecast actually out and available for $35..? Sorry that I'm too lazy to search right atm hahah. I was thinking about getting one!

Yep. $35 is all you need for it.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried my gf's S4 mini screen during the weekend, I found it more readable (fonts) than my One!
Perhaps the higher contrast of Amoled...
Tried the screen under sunlight and I didn't noticed a big difference with my One's screen,the One was slightly brighter but not like some said (''huge difference''),the S4 mini was readable even under strong noon sun of the mountain.
It was the S4 mini but I think it's the same amoled technology than S4

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

If you have a device connected to your TV that has DLNA you most likely can (Blu-ray player, maybe). Roku has an app that lets you show pictures, music and video on your TV, too, but you have to have a Roku for that.

KevroniCoal

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried my gf's S4 mini screen during the weekend, I found it more readable (fonts) than my One!
Perhaps the higher contrast of Amoled...
Tried the screen under sunlight and I didn't noticed a big difference with my One's screen,the One was slightly brighter but not like some said (''huge difference''),the S4 mini was readable even under strong noon sun of the mountain.
It was the S4 mini but I think it's the same amoled technology than S4

I agree that the AMOLED screen isn't that hard to use in the sunlight. I can actually use it (not ultra easily, though) in [in]direct sunlight. Basically when it's pretty sunny out and the sky is bright, I can still manage to use my phone in the lowest brightness setting. I can kind of (but hardly) read text. I usually would have to raise the brightness (which is easy - just slide down on the screen for the notif bar and find the brightness adjuster) momentarily until I'm finished with the phone outside our something.

It's honestly not as hard as some people have been saying to use the AMOLED screen outside. Compared to normal LEDs it may seem a little tough - but it's well worth the small sacrifice for a screen that can produce vibrant colors and awesome true blacks.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was out at Epcot this weekend, had the brightness all the way up and it was very difficult to see in the sun. Otherwise I still think it's a nice screen.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
The s4 screen is awesome. I have zero complaints about really.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20