I'm considering either this phone or the moto x and have some questions about the s4:

1. If I don't like the added features, can they be disabled and does this increase performance or battery life by doing so?

2. Is touchwuz going to be too polarizing for me if I'm used to stock android?

3. How confidant are you that this phone will be supported with carrier updates?

4. How is battery life? Good? Better than my nexus 4 maybe?

5. Is there still lag in the UI and crashes? Has this been addressed in updates?

6. If you could give your pitch for why people should buy this phone over others, what would it be?

Thanks everyone for their help.
    09-17-2013 03:58 AM
    Blurry eyed from a fussy baby but here are a few things off the top of my head.

Yes you can turn off the features and yes it helps battery.

The only thing I can think of off hand that is better for the S4 is the camera is one of the best out right now. The X has a lackluster one.

Also depending on your preference the screen is larger and the buttons are capacitive versus on screen taking up real estate.

Oh battery life kind of stinks but I have adapted. The x has better life.
    09-17-2013 04:37 AM
    I'm new to the S4 since the weekend and only been used to Android on the nexus 4. The S4 is a much better phone then the nexus 4, much better battery life and the camera is walks all over the nexus. This is the first touchWiz phone I've had and it's not as bad as some people make out. Overall I'm very happy I got rid of my nexus for the S4.
    09-17-2013 05:24 AM
    I'm considering either this phone or the moto x and have some questions about the s4:

1. If I don't like the added features, can they be disabled and does this increase performance or battery life by doing so?

2. Is touchwuz going to be too polarizing for me if I'm used to stock android?

3. How confidant are you that this phone will be supported with carrier updates?

4. How is battery life? Good? Better than my nexus 4 maybe?

5. Is there still lag in the UI and crashes? Has this been addressed in updates?

6. If you could give your pitch for why people should buy this phone over others, what would it be?

Thanks everyone for their help.
    1. By disabling the features in the S4, this can aid your battery life especially if you don't use it.

2. If you are used to the stock Android theme, consider using custom launchers such as Nova Launcher (using this on my s4 and tab because of its cool scrolling effect and less lag).

3. I'm on an intentional model so I won't comment on this point.

4. The battery can easily last a day for me with my semi light usage.

5. I have experience some lag and crashes during heavy gaming and sometimes on youtube when I first got the phone. Now, I never noticed any.

6. It would be because of its high performance and specifications that I chose the S4 over other phones.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-17-2013 06:26 AM
    My battery life has been pretty great but I did disable most of the carrier bloat, some Samsung features, and I don't use Bluetooth or location services unless I need to. I also use Juice Defender which disables WiFi/mobile data when the screen is off.

These things work for me but may seem heavy-handed to some but I do get good battery life.

I love my phone, I think I have to admit, though I tried not to. I've never used TouchWiz' launcher though...always a 3rd party (now Nova) and the phone has been stupidly fast and buttery sliq.

S IV
    09-17-2013 06:27 AM
    The S4 battery is pretty damn decent as compared to my tab even with heavy usage'

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-17-2013 06:38 AM