Hey there, n00b here.

I've been searching for an answer to my iTunes-S4 transfer question, I can find tons of info on here but not a definitive answer that involves my specifics so I thought I would try and ask myself.

I'm looking to switch from the iPhone to the S4 but I really! want to transfer my iTunes and Album Artwork, I have an extensive collection and it took me a ridiculous amount of time to get it to how I want, so I really don't wanna lose it all.

I'm using a Macbook Pro, a-lot of my music is uploaded from CD's, some iTunes downloads and some naughty downloads from years back. My music alone is currently at 40gb.

I wanna transfer my music to the Micro SD card that I plan on putting in the S4, I don't want any of it on the internal memory nor do I want to upload it to Google Music etc.

Is there a way to do this, every answer I've found seems to be a mix of what I'm after, people using windows not mac, uploaded to google music etc.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked, I searched your forums first but couldn't find the specific question/answer.

I'm really looking forward to the S4, I wanna try and make the switch as quick and as clean as possible.

Cheers guys & girls.

Ben
    09-17-2013 07:45 AM
    That's exactly what iSyncr is for:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yncr4Mac&hl=en
    Linkinuk likes this.
    09-17-2013 11:50 AM
    Hey there, n00b here.

I've been searching for an answer to my iTunes-S4 transfer question, I can find tons of info on here but not a definitive answer that involves my specifics so I thought I would try and ask myself.

I'm looking to switch from the iPhone to the S4 but I really! want to transfer my iTunes and Album Artwork, I have an extensive collection and it took me a ridiculous amount of time to get it to how I want, so I really don't wanna lose it all.

I'm using a Macbook Pro, a-lot of my music is uploaded from CD's, some iTunes downloads and some naughty downloads from years back. My music alone is currently at 40gb.

I wanna transfer my music to the Micro SD card that I plan on putting in the S4, I don't want any of it on the internal memory nor do I want to upload it to Google Music etc.

Is there a way to do this, every answer I've found seems to be a mix of what I'm after, people using windows not mac, uploaded to google music etc.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked, I searched your forums first but couldn't find the specific question/answer.

I'm really looking forward to the S4, I wanna try and make the switch as quick and as clean as possible.

Cheers guys & girls.

Ben
    This isn't *specifically* what you're asking for, but I'm going to share anyway... I haven't used iTunes in quite a while (not since I had my old, gen 3 iPod), nor do I have a Mac, however I too have an extensive music library with artwork on my PC, and essentially wanted to do the same thing you want to do...put my library on my SD Card, no internal storage and no cloud, and have it work as it does on my PC.

All I did was simply transfer the contents of my music directory from my PC to the "Music" folder on my SD card. Done. I honestly don't see why you couldn't do the exact same thing with a Mac, but as I mentioned, obviously I have no way of knowing for sure.

Once that was done, I can now fire up Google Music app on my Android and all my music is there, arranged in albums with corresponding artwork just as it does on my computer.

Something like iSyncr, as mentioned above, may be better as it can help keep things synced, but that's all I had to do to initially transfer all my music over.
    Linkinuk likes this.
    09-17-2013 12:02 PM
    I to had the same concern as my music library is extensive. Okay so what I did via a pc is find your music files folder. (Itunes media). Click and drag to your sd card. Folders contain the artwork specific artist, album or song as they are in there hope this helps. It can played via what ever music app you want. I use the s4 app. Its awesome.

Posted via Samsung S4
    Linkinuk likes this.
    09-17-2013 02:49 PM
    Awesome! thanks guys!

I guess I'll go pick up my s4 today!

Ben
    09-17-2013 11:18 PM