Contacts disappear on Samsung Galaxy S4

E92Vancouver

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Contacts on my Samsung GS4 disappear all of the time. I have a 6,500 person address book synced to Google Contacts. After a few hours, my contacts disappear. The only way to get them back is to clear the cache in Contacts and Contacts Storage and let the address book repopulate. Any ideas???

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Contacts on my Samsung GS4 disappear all of the time. I have a 6,500 person address book synced to Google Contacts. After a few hours, my contacts disappear. The only way to get them back is to clear the cache in Contacts and Contacts Storage and let the address book repopulate. Any ideas???

You can try clearing system cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
I am curious if there are just too many contacts to stay in Android?

edumartmend

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
SAMSUNG S4 contact data base too large ???

Hi there
I got the same problem.
This is a shame.

I got over 7.000 contacts sync from outlook to google gmail contacts. Everything fine
I got my samsung tablet 7.7 since 2years and sync without problems, even aggregating linkedIN contacts over 3.000 but,

when I get the contacts in my phone samsung s4 via google account, the phone contacts collapses. Amazing. Too bad.
I delete the contacts data base in the phone and then it might work 1 day
Afterwards starts to link contacts and collapses again

I have been force to keep my 7.000 contacts in outlook,
delete linkedIN account in my S4
and just transfer to google max 1.000 contacts

this is incredible.
such a great CPU and S4 unable to handle big data files. Too bad

thanks
Eduardo M.

tpork

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem with contacts crashing my phone. I do have over 8k contacts but a device like this should be able to handle it...I'm about to toss it out the window!

E92Vancouver

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You can try clearing system cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
I am curious if there are just too many contacts to stay in Android?

Thanks Golfdriver. My Contacts file is 95 mb in size. I do clear the contact cache and then reboot. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes for my address book to come back. Very frustrating because when my address book fails to load, I can't text, email or call anyone if I don't know their particulars.

Since I use my phone for work, I had to go out an buy an iphone 5S. The iphone OS is polished, smooth and fast. No lags. But the screen is puny small and useless!!!

E92Vancouver

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem with contacts crashing my phone. I do have over 8k contacts but a device like this should be able to handle it...I'm about to toss it out the window!

Tpork. I have an S3 and it has the same problem. Though Contacts+ made it a little more bearable.

I ended up getting a brand new S4 from my carrier last week and it did the same thing! I even ran the phone with no apps to make sure it was not an app conflict. Same thing. Kept losing my address book. I ended up buying an iphone 5S and my address book is accessed lightening fast. Too bad the screen size on the iphone sucks. But hey, everything works, all of the time.

E92Vancouver

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

What size is your contacts file? Even when the address book works, searching is incredibly laggy and slow compared to the iphone. Even slower than on my old iphone 4S.

E92Vancouver

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
SAMSUNG S4 contact data base too large ???

Hi there
I got the same problem.
This is a shame.

I got over 7.000 contacts sync from outlook to google gmail contacts. Everything fine
I got my samsung tablet 7.7 since 2years and sync without problems, even aggregating linkedIN contacts over 3.000 but,

when I get the contacts in my phone samsung s4 via google account, the phone contacts collapses. Amazing. Too bad.
I delete the contacts data base in the phone and then it might work 1 day
Afterwards starts to link contacts and collapses again

I have been force to keep my 7.000 contacts in outlook,
delete linkedIN account in my S4
and just transfer to google max 1.000 contacts

this is incredible.
such a great CPU and S4 unable to handle big data files. Too bad

thanks
Eduardo M.

Eduardo? What size is your contacts files? I do the same thing. Export my contacts from Outlook on my PC to Gmail. Contacts then sync to the phone wirelessly. After a day or less, the address book won't open. I have to clear the cache, or delete the contact file or both. When the address book is back on line, I have to separate all the contacts that Google chooses to link.

Anyway, I solved my problem by getting an iphone 5S. I sync my Google contacts to the iphone using Carddav. I use a 3rd party app call Mailbox which is actually better than the Gmail app on the S4 because I can archive messages without reading them and it marks them as read, all with one swipe.

Omer Mansur

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Note 3 with only 60 - 70 contacts yet some of my contacts disappears every now and then. Any one knows what is the reason for it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

trauma215

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue and started looking through synced accounts and saw an issue with facebook syncing and disabled it. So far i haven't had any issues again. I'll check back in a few days with an update if i have more issues,

oldnrockin

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

oldnrockin

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Contacts only appear in the contacts list when they are assigned to 'My Contacts'. Breaking links between contacts or editing Google links appear to un-assign contacts and make them dissapear from the contact list, they still however any texts from the contact still appear with details. How to solve: Open contacts, select 'Groups', select 'Unassigned', assign the desired contacts to 'My Contacts'.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007