Email question

emtae001

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
This is not the first Samsung I have owned. I noticed something I liked with the iphone I owned for a month and was wondering if it works with the S4. When I setup my email account on the iphone emails that were sent to me arrived and notified me immediately. Also when I deleted them they were deleted for good. The S4 only checks for emails every 15 minutes and if I delete an email it is still in my email account when I get home and check emails on my computer. Can I make the email system on my S4 work like the iphone did ? Thanks

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
This is not the first Samsung I have owned. I noticed something I liked with the iphone I owned for a month and was wondering if it works with the S4. When I setup my email account on the iphone emails that were sent to me arrived and notified me immediately. Also when I deleted them they were deleted for good. The S4 only checks for emails every 15 minutes and if I delete an email it is still in my email account when I get home and check emails on my computer. Can I make the email system on my S4 work like the iphone did ? Thanks
IMAP and Microsoft Exchange accounts accomplish what you are looking for. Your email provider has to support this option, and if the S4 doesn't automatically pick it, you have to enter the details manually. Adding Microsoft emails (Live, Hotmail, etc) automatically become Exchange accounts. Google's email is IMAP by default. POP access is restricted to timed access and the phone must be given permission to permanently delete items from the server deep in the email settings. This is with the stock Email client. Where is your email hosted?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it all depends on your type of e-mail server. GMail's and Exchange accounts have all worked flawlessly for me (if your network admin didn't mess up the settings for Exchange) and they both support Push notifications with mailbox sync (whatever I delete or create in my phone is already done in the server and viceversa).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21