Hi there,

As the title reads my S4 has suddenly decided over 5 of my contacts are the same person. I have had this phone for 2 months now and a fortnight ago I got the screen replaced but this is the first strange thing that has happened...
    It started off as one contact this afternoon and now this evening a whole lot more have changed to the person's name who i message most.
    Any ideas?

Thank you!
    09-19-2013 07:20 AM
    That's odd... the only thing that can cause that is if you merge your contacts into a single one (you can go into your Contacts and un-merge them, by the way). However, this shouldn't happen 'just like that'. Are you sure you don't have some sort of contact-syncing app? For instance, HaxSync and I believe Facebook's contact sync can figure out if your contacts are the same and merges them automatically if you set them up for it, but sometimes the fuzzy logic can go awry and merge the wrong contacts together.
    09-19-2013 07:51 AM
    Hi SpookDroid, thanks for the reply.
    Hmmm. Possibly. When I first got the phone and didn't completely understand what it would do I did that Facebook contact merging but a few days later I did un-merge them... And I haven't downloaded any apps to sync anything. In fact, I usually avoid syncing things...
    09-19-2013 08:03 AM
    Yeah, it can be tricky sometimes. I don't let those apps merge my contacts on their own (only did that mistake once to 'avoid the hassle' but only ended up working double), but I do sync whatever's relevant. I like to keep my contact's picture updated or having my events nice and synced across devices.
    09-19-2013 09:57 AM