Galaxy S4-I9505-Half of the photos i took appear corrupted

JoshuaLow

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Half of the photos i took appear corrupted and display the same photo whereas in the preview, they display the correct photo. Is there any way to fix it?

Here are some examples, the preview and the photo displayed is different, and the 3 photos are the same:

SMkUFG9.jpg

Zaw9mtg.jpg

fxDeNa1.jpg

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Half of the photos i took appear corrupted and display the same photo whereas in the preview, they display the correct photo. Is there any way to fix it?

Here are some examples, the preview and the photo displayed is different, and the 3 photos are the same:

http://i.imgur.com/SMkUFG9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zaw9mtg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fxDeNa1.jpg
I can't tell exactly what's going on, but I think it's an image viewing app problem. Try clearing the cache on the viewing app, or disable it then re-enable it. Also, you could try a different viewing app.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Try using My Files or another file manager app to navigate to your image folder, and see if you can tell what's going on with the actual image files. Your image files will typically be in a folder called DCIM; if they're from the phone's camera they'll probably be in a subfolder of DCIM called Camera.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Used My Files and Connected the phone to the computer, both ways showed the same series of corrupted images. So my photos corrupted?

It looks like they are, although that usually shows up as areas of the image that are just streaky colored lines. How about uploading one of them to dropbox so we can take a look at it?

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

JoshuaLow

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
That's an extremely weird issue. It looks like some of the data was displaced when the photos were converted to JPEG. I suspect it's an issue with the camera app's conversion engine, and not the gallery.

Yea really weird..so there's no way of retrieving the correct photos?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Are you storing the photos on a micro sd? if so it's possible you have a bad sd card that's the only thing I can think of.

Max Bear

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow i thought i was the only one with this problem. I am getting the same thing. In the thumb nail you see the whole picture, but when you open it, half is grey. Second, today i took a movie of a helicopter in the air. When i played it back, it was OK. A few moments went by and a friend wanted to see it. I went to gallery and touched the thumb nail. When the picture opened i saw the large circle with the arrow. I touched the center and the movie started to play. About thirty seconds went by when all the sudden it stopped and a notice came up saying. This video cant be played. Whats going on?

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me a few weeks ago when I was taking pictures at a concert... it was like the same photo kept showing up over and over when I hooked it up to the pc.. it was corrupted also. I transferred all the pictures that it would let me over to a file on the PC then formated my sd card and I haven't had a problem since.

elt8301

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I got my phone March 2014 and just last Sunday when I took some pictures, they are either all gray or half gray. It's the original sd card that came with the phone and I JUST bought the phone. All my past pictures are fine and I've taken several other pictures and they are fine. Why is it just them!

elt8301

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Max Bear, sounds like we are having the same problem. Took a short video last week and only about 4 of the 30 seconds play and I get the error that this video can't be saved. I also have the gray pictures but the thumbnail is fine.

aeorcr

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I guess this is something ANDROID related and not phone/brand related. Some Update on android is screwing the pictures, as this has happen to me also (corrupted pictures either totally grey o half grey) and i have a NEXUS 4, but it is happening to my gf and my brothers phone also, they have a Huawei P6 and a Galaxy S3 respectively.

So lets hope that we can find the solution, for now i am backing up my pictures with google plus just to be safe!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995