09-25-2013 10:44 PM
50 12
tools
    While it is possible he is a wizard, however it is unlikely. I have not come across any science journals proving magic (thus wizardry) exists, usually the hypothesis surrounding the proving of magic is substantiated by quantum physics, however it is extrapolated, and often a wonderful story is added but usually remains unrepeatable in actual experimentation. I will say I've seen a few hypothesis and was nearly convinced, but alas there was no pudding.
    Also in case you bring up the argument: Harry Potter is not an case study/biography, it is a fictional movie.

Anyways glad your dad is having a good experience with the Iphone 5s. They're both (5/5s) really good cameras and probably only 3rd to the 1020 and S4, albeit putting the S4 next to the 1020 is also bit humbling.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-23-2013 06:02 PM
    Nope. Have the i5 for work which spends a lot of time in my backpack. Needs a larger screen and more similar features like expandable memory and a more open ecosystem.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    09-23-2013 06:53 PM
    They're both (5/5s) really good cameras and probably only 3rd to the 1020 and S4, a
    LOL! Funny. 5s camera improvements made it 2nd, in a worst case scenario.
    09-23-2013 09:31 PM
    From a Gizmodo camera test:

"This is a relatively easy photo, and all of the cameras perform admirably, with the Samsung Galaxy S4 trailing the pack. It’s pretty tough to tell the difference between iPhone 5 and 5s, though the newer shooter appears to have slightly better dynamic range from this vantage. In this particular situation, we prefer the iPhone 5s to the usually excellent Lumia 1020 because the photo’s sharpness. The HTC One is out because of some noticeable artifacts — that’s the downside with cropping from a relatively low-resolution image.

iPhone 5s Camera Battle: A Stand-Up Camera That Doesn't Stand Out | Gizmodo Australia
    09-23-2013 09:41 PM
    Just wondering if anyone else was getting the 5s as well.

Cheers
    Davyo
    Mmm... NO!
    I definitely will not.
    Would I change from Android to something else in the future?

Who knows!

Maybe if WebOS comes back better than ever! :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-23-2013 10:24 PM

"This is a relatively easy photo, and all of the cameras perform admirably, with the Samsung Galaxy S4 trailing the pack. Its pretty tough to tell the difference between iPhone 5 and 5s, though the newer shooter appears to have slightly better dynamic range from this vantage. In this particular situation, we prefer the iPhone 5s to the usually excellent Lumia 1020 because the photos sharpness. The HTC One is out because of some noticeable artifacts thats the downside with cropping from a relatively low-resolution image.

iPhone 5s Camera Battle: A Stand-Up Camera That Doesn't Stand Out | Gizmodo Australia
    I am not going too trust a website that has earned the nickname iGizmodo too provide a fair and un bias comparison between an android device and an iPhone. They took a dump on the S4 for maintaining a similar deisgn too the S3 while they praise the 5S design.

Plus I have used both the iPhone 5, HTC One and the S4 side by side and determined the S4 too be the best over all smartphone camera(excluding lumia 1020). Any reputable review will back this up aswell.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4
    STARGATE and thetinachen like this.
    09-23-2013 10:38 PM

"This is a relatively easy photo, and all of the cameras perform admirably, with the Samsung Galaxy S4 trailing the pack. Its pretty tough to tell the difference between iPhone 5 and 5s, though the newer shooter appears to have slightly better dynamic range from this vantage. In this particular situation, we prefer the iPhone 5s to the usually excellent Lumia 1020 because the photos sharpness. The HTC One is out because of some noticeable artifacts thats the downside with cropping from a relatively low-resolution image.

Here you go. Take a look at both of these shots and look at the people far away.

Iphone 5S: Daylight shot, optimal lighting this shot was by Engadget(available for download).

Samsung S4: Daylight shot. Optimal lighting. This shot was by me, asanatheist.
    msavic6 and STARGATE like this.
    09-23-2013 11:07 PM
    I am not going too trust a website that has earned the nickname iGizmodo too provide a fair and un bias comparison between an android device and an iPhone. They took a dump on the S4 for maintaining a similar deisgn too the S3 while they praise the 5S design.

Plus I have used both the iPhone 5, HTC One and the S4 side by side and determined the S4 too be the best over all smartphone camera(excluding lumia 1020). Any reputable review will back this up aswell.

Yea, I wouldn't trust them on any review!
    :banghead:

09-24-2013 07:29 AM

But Aanand tech says improvements. They are really good reviewers so read there review.

09-24-2013 01:53 PM
    Plus I have used both the iPhone 5,
    We're talking about the 5s.

Any reputable review will back this up aswell.
    So, if it favors the S4, it's a reputable review. But if it favors the iPhone, it is biased. Man, talk about wearing fanboy glasses!
    See above remark.

Plus I have used both the iPhone 5, HTC One and the S4 side by side and determined the S4 too be the best over all smartphone camera(excluding lumia 1020).
    I have used both the iPhone 5, and the S4 side by side and determined the iPhone 5 TO be the best over all smartphone camera(excluding lumia 1020).

See how that works? Opinions.

I don't know why the multiple posts.
    09-24-2013 03:45 PM
    I had the iPhone 5 and now have the S4. IME there was no competition in the cameras, the 5's camera was better, especially in low light. ...but you can have it, I'm quite happy with my S4 all around.

from my Sony XTZ
    09-24-2013 03:53 PM
    I will do some tripod camera testing of the Iphone 5s/S4 soon, and I will post up full res images online instead of cropped out low quality ones that most places put out.
    Maybe this weekend.
    I will see about coming up with a test bed.

Do you guys want Iphone 5 pictures as well? Or just the 5S/S4?

Edit:
    Pappy I find it funny you use an Iphone and you still stick around android forums, what is up with that? I am not saying you are not welcome, it's good to have some contrasting but some of your posts really make me wonder.
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-24-2013 04:01 PM

"This is a relatively easy photo, and all of the cameras perform admirably, with the Samsung Galaxy S4 trailing the pack. It’s pretty tough to tell the difference between iPhone 5 and 5s, though the newer shooter appears to have slightly better dynamic range from this vantage. In this particular situation, we prefer the iPhone 5s to the usually excellent Lumia 1020 because the photo’s sharpness. The HTC One is out because of some noticeable artifacts — that’s the downside with cropping from a relatively low-resolution image.

I don't really want to discount this article, because I have not used an iPhone 5 or 5s myself, so I have no personal experience to reference, however when I see articles like this, I always wonder what specific settings were used when the pics were taken... Based on my own knowlege of the S4 (because I own one), I know that there are lot of configurable options on the camera, as well as quite a few preset modes...yet this article does not mention anything about that. When taking pics with the S4, was the camera set to default automatic settings, or something different? And yes, you could probably ask that question about each phone camera they reviewed.

Now, simply using each device's out of the box default settings would be reasonable, but doesn't necessarily ensure that you'll always get the best picture (though I suppose you could possibly argue that it demonstrates which phone has the best "auto" mode?). Changing particular settings may give an unfair bias to one device over another.

I guess my point is that the scientist in me simply doesn't take findings like this at anything more that face value. I want to know what how the control group was established, I want see large enough sample sizes to make results relevant, and I want all variables well defined and accounted for.

And yes, Gizmodo does seem to favor iPhone over Android in my opinion...but I discredit this source long before even considering that.

My own opinion is the the S4 camera is pretty sweet, and certainly more than adequate for my needs. Is the iPhone 5S camera better? Maybe it is...maybe it is only in certain conditions...maybe it's not better at all. I'm willing to bet that when all is said and done, the second statement is probably the closest to accurate, but it doesn't really matter to me...even if the 5S camera was remarkably better I'm certainly not going to buy one for that reason alone.
    09-24-2013 04:04 PM
    So, if it favors the S4, it's a reputable review. But if it favors the iPhone, it is biased. Man, talk about wearing fanboy glasses!
    Nobody said anything about favoring the S4, that's just you putting words in other people's mouths.

You talk about fanboy glasses yet you're the one blinded by all things Apple, you spend hours here defending Apple's supposed superiority, if that's not fanboyism then I don't know what is.

You have to open your eyes and see the sunlight beyond Apple...

Heres a reputable review for your reading pleasure!

http://m.connect.dpreview.com/post/9...e5-vs-lumia920

STARGATE likes this.
    09-24-2013 06:05 PM
    Pappy I find it funny you use an Iphone and you still stick around android forums, what is up with that? I am not saying you are not welcome, it's good to have some contrasting but some of your posts really make me wonder.
    Actually, I have been using a Moto X. No iPhone in my possession.
    09-24-2013 06:26 PM
    Here you go. Take a look at both of these shots and look at the people far away.

Iphone 5S: Daylight shot, optimal lighting this shot was by Engadget(available for download).
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3720/9...79f87ddb_o.jpg

Samsung S4: Daylight shot. Optimal lighting. This shot was by me, asanatheist.
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3680/9...877bfe31_o.jpg
    Actually, to me, the first picture is much better. Colors pop, and sky color is great. Second picture is good, except I see some "haze" in the area of the 2 guys in the top left background. Both are great pics, though! I wouldn't turn down either camera.
    09-24-2013 06:32 PM
    " Any reputable review will back this up aswell."

Seems to me like you are saying that a reputable review will back the S4. If it doesn't, then it is not reputable. That is how your statement reads.
    09-24-2013 06:40 PM
    Actually, to me, the first picture is much better. Colors pop, and sky color is great. Second picture is good, except I see some "haze" in the area of the 2 guys in the top left background. Both are great pics, though! I wouldn't turn down either camera.
    That's not haze, that's smoke from the grill.

Anyways I rest my case.
    09-24-2013 06:57 PM
    My bad. I didn't realize that the grill was there.
    09-24-2013 06:59 PM
    I have both the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5s in my hands right now. Still working on selling the iPhone 5.

Anyway - I sold my Galaxy S4 with the intention to get the Galaxy Note 3 when it comes out (I have an upgrade to burn). Husband got his hands on the 5s and I was blown away with how well the camera preformed. The camera is one of the top priorities for me. I have two little ones and I take photos all day long. I really struggled with getting a clear shot with my S4. Most shots were taken in my house with as many lights on as possible but I felt like I could not ever get a clear shot.

I caved and got the 5s on Sunday. The camera is everything I wanted. Their new stabilization method gives me sharper pictures than any other phone I have had in the past, lower light without flash. The dual flash is amazing (will post samples below). The problem is, I think I'm unhappy with it otherwise. I just am so bored with it. I sold my iPad Mini and ordered a Galaxy Note 8 in hopes that when I get it Thursday it will offset my unhappiness with being back with iOS. The screen is so so small on this phone it's miserable.

Apparently my dissatisfaction is showing, my husband (biggest fanboy in all of Alabama) tonight said "You have been grumpy since you got the iPhone - return it and get your tinker toy already..."

Ha =D
    I don't know what to do, if the S4 is my only option for a camera that is decent on the Android side, I don't know if I can go back. Ugh.

iPhone 5 on the left - iPhone 5s on right (with flash - low light)

09-24-2013 11:01 PM

I have used both the iPhone 5, and the S4 side by side and determined the iPhone 5 TO be the best over all smartphone camera(excluding lumia 1020).

See how that works? Opinions.

I don't know why the multiple posts.
    Seriously!

And I don't know how you got your cables mixed. But as you can see on the first quote here, it was msavic6 who posted about using the iPhone 5, the HTC One and the GS4, not me!

09-24-2013 11:12 PM
    Nobody said anything about favoring the S4, that's just you putting words in other people's mouths.

You talk about fanboy glasses yet you're the one blinded by all things Apple, you spend hours here defending Apple's supposed superiority, if that's not fanboyism then I don't know what is.

You have to open your eyes and see the sunlight beyond Apple...

Heres a reputable review for your reading pleasure!

http://m.connect.dpreview.com/post/9...e5-vs-lumia920

Yes! I agree with you buddy! 1000% :thumbup:

09-24-2013 11:17 PM
    Yes! I agree with you buddy! 1000% :thumbup:

And I don't.

09-25-2013 12:53 AM
    options open and never say never,,,,,, except for a few x girls friends that I can 100% say never again,,,, I think

Cheers
    Davyo
    I said that before too. Then I met a guy named Jack Daniels and never again turned into.....I did what?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-2013 01:36 AM
    And I don't.

What a shock! Not!!!
    It's okay though, you're not as far gone into that territory just yet.

09-25-2013 10:44 PM
50 12