Anyone else plan on getting the iPhone 5s ????

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
After lots of thought I have decided to switch from my much loved GS4 and get the iPhone 5s,,,,, main reasons,,,, the 5s camera really looks like it just might be the best killer smartphone camera out there right now,,,,other reasons,,,, I downloaded iOS 7 on my iPads and like it,,,,, also,,,,, I just love playing with new toys !!!!

I will keep my Android tablets and when the Galaxy S5 comes out I will probably sell off my 5s for the GS5.

Yea,,, I'm insane,,,,, I love and use both iOS and Android.

Just wondering if anyone else was getting the 5s as well.

Cheers
Davyo

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not really, but I definitely get the appeal. Anantech's review of the 5s showed some very impressive decisions that Apple included in the device. If you're already existing in both ecosystems, it's a great device. Here's the thing though... we have quite a few people that struggle with changing between operating systems (especially 1st timers) due to some of the differences in approaches, etc. Do you have any advice for people trying to switch back and forth? Perhaps on "must have" apps or things to avoid doing to make the transitions (more) seamless?

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Not really, but I definitely get the appeal. Anantech's review of the 5s showed some very impressive decisions that Apple included in the device. If you're already existing in both ecosystems, it's a great device. Here's the thing though... we have quite a few people that struggle with changing between operating systems (especially 1st timers) due to some of the differences in approaches, etc. Do you have any advice for people trying to switch back and forth? Perhaps on "must have" apps or things to avoid doing to make the transitions (more) seamless?

Things I do when switching back and forth between Apple and Android,,,, I have all my contacts saved on both my Android and Apple devices, I save all all my Picts and videos to cloud servers and on my local PC and my Android tablets and iPads,,,, that way I don't lose any pics, vids or contacts, ect.......

I'm very used to both OS's so there really is no learning curve for me,,,,, for first time users of either OS the bottom line is they are both very easy,,,, Android used to be a big learning curve back in the day,,, but no longer,,,, The Android OS really has improved big time in the last few years and I think is almost as user friendly as iOS.

I also have tons of music not purchased thru iTunes that plays on my iPads and Android devices just fine.

Dropbox works great with both OS's so that's not an issue either.

Switching back and forth between Apple and Android is not as hard as some make it out to be,,, I do it all the time.

Cheers
Davyo

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I left iPhone along time ago and I'm never going back. To used to freedom of keyboards, widgets, and pretty much what I want to do with the system. Also HD YouTube on mobile is nice... iPhones app wants you on wifi :(.

So for me.. It's a no. iPhone just isn't my thing.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I also have an iPhone 5 in addition to my S4. I've had iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 for several months now (beta versions; I'm registered as a developer) and I'm just not blown away by iOS 7. In my opinion, there are several usability issues that I really don't like. We'll see what happens with iOS 7.1, but for now, I'm sticking to my iPhone 5.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I left iPhone along time ago and I'm never going back. To used to freedom of keyboards, widgets, and pretty much what I want to do with the system. Also HD YouTube on mobile is nice... iPhones app wants you on wifi :(.

So for me.. It's a no. iPhone just isn't my thing.

Well,,,, ya know what they say about never saying never.

I have been pissed at Apple more than a few times to where I said I would never buy another Apple product so these days I leave my options open and never say never,,,,,, except for a few x girls friends that I can 100% say never again,,,, I think ;)

Cheers
Davyo

torndownunit

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Things I do when switching back and forth between Apple and Android,,,, I have all my contacts saved on both my Android and Apple devices, I save all all my Picts and videos to cloud servers and on my local PC and my Android tablets and iPads,,,, that way I don't lose any pics, vids or contacts, ect.......

I'm very used to both OS's so there really is no learning curve for me,,,,, for first time users of either OS the bottom line is they are both very easy,,,, Android used to be a big learning curve back in the day,,, but no longer,,,, The Android OS really has improved big time in the last few years and I think is almost as user friendly as iOS.

I also have tons of music not purchased thru iTunes that plays on my iPads and Android devices just fine.

Dropbox works great with both OS's so that's not an issue either.

Switching back and forth between Apple and Android is not as hard as some make it out to be,,, I do it all the time.

Cheers
Davyo

I would agree that once you find a system and get used to things its not that hard. But even as a pretty tech savvy person, I will admit the initial change took me some time to get used to. I can see it frustrating some people.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
One thing I know I will miss for sure is the predictive text of my GS4,,,, the auto correction spell check of iOS sucks in comparison to Samsung/Android predictive texting and emailing ect........

So for emailing I'm thinking I will stick with my Samsung tab 3 and Google Nexus 10 tablet,,,,,,, but for video editing iMovie blows away anything Android has to offer so far,,,' I'm still kinda shocked Android has not come out with a video editor that can really compete with iMovie.

I am pretty excited about making use of the 5s camera for video and pics though,,,,, when I had my iP5 and GS4 doing my side by side test shots my GS4 was usually the winner for still picture quality,,,, video quality was about even with both phones,,,,,,, but with the new camera improvements, and from what I've read and the sample test shots I've seen it looks like the iP5's is going to be the all around clear winner now over my GS4 for video and picture quality,,,, at least I'm hoping so ;)

That's one of the main reasons I'm getting the IP5's because picture/camera quality is extremely important to me with any phone, along with the fact that I use iMovie so much.

Cheers
Davyo

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You know Dav you remind me of a guy I used to work with (he retired a little while ago). He always typed with the,,,,, to space out things. Just funny to see someone else doing it lol :).

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You know Dav you remind me of a guy I used to work with (he retired a little while ago). He always typed with the,,,,, to space out things. Just funny to see someone else doing it lol :).

Yea,,,,, it's,,,,, a weird,,,,, habit,,,,,, I have,,,,, not sure,,,,, why I,,,, do tha,,t.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
As the OP of this thread,,,,, I got the iPhone 5s yesterday,,,,,, I'm returning the iP5's later today and going back to my GS4.

As I suspected the 5S camera rocks,,,,,, but that's about the only thing I found it has going for it over the GS4,,,,,, lesson learned.

Cheers
Davyo

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
As the OP of this thread,,,,, I got the iPhone 5s yesterday,,,,,, I'm returning the iP5's later today and going back to my GS4.

As I suspected the 5S camera rocks,,,,,, but that's about the only thing I found it has going for it over the GS4,,,,,, lesson learned.

Cheers
Davyo

I don't know what to say. Um''''''Welcome back??? :)

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been using a iPhone since day one. After I saw the iOS7 and getting the nexus 4 I decided that small screen and iOS 7 is not going to cut it. Moved to nexus 4 loved it then htc one and finally yesterday on IPhone launch date to S4. I have zero regret getting this device and moving from iPhone. Its incredible. I still have the iPad and love it. Apple needs to open their eco system and come up with bigger screen size for me to even go back. Launching a gold phone with fingerprint and 64 bit is not going to cut it anymore. They need to do something drastic and iOS 7 is simply terrible.

Posted via Android Central App

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Cheers
Davyo

Camera isn't that big of an upgrade. It's low light pictures are terrible still, highly pixelated when you even zoom a little bit..

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

It adds.... a nice pregnant pause for effect....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app