Anyone else plan on getting the iPhone 5s ????

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Here you go. Take a look at both of these shots and look at the people far away.

Iphone 5S: Daylight shot, optimal lighting this shot was by Engadget(available for download).
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3720/9909773383_3b79f87ddb_o.jpg

Samsung S4: Daylight shot. Optimal lighting. This shot was by me, asanatheist.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3680/9909765563_2b877bfe31_o.jpg

Actually, to me, the first picture is much better. Colors pop, and sky color is great. Second picture is good, except I see some "haze" in the area of the 2 guys in the top left background. Both are great pics, though! I wouldn't turn down either camera.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
" Any reputable review will back this up aswell."

Seems to me like you are saying that a reputable review will back the S4. If it doesn't, then it is not reputable. That is how your statement reads.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Actually, to me, the first picture is much better. Colors pop, and sky color is great. Second picture is good, except I see some "haze" in the area of the 2 guys in the top left background. Both are great pics, though! I wouldn't turn down either camera.

That's not haze, that's smoke from the grill.

Anyways I rest my case.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have both the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5s in my hands right now. Still working on selling the iPhone 5.

Anyway - I sold my Galaxy S4 with the intention to get the Galaxy Note 3 when it comes out (I have an upgrade to burn). Husband got his hands on the 5s and I was blown away with how well the camera preformed. The camera is one of the top priorities for me. I have two little ones and I take photos all day long. I really struggled with getting a clear shot with my S4. Most shots were taken in my house with as many lights on as possible but I felt like I could not ever get a clear shot.

I caved and got the 5s on Sunday. The camera is everything I wanted. Their new stabilization method gives me sharper pictures than any other phone I have had in the past, lower light without flash. The dual flash is amazing (will post samples below). The problem is, I think I'm unhappy with it otherwise. I just am so bored with it. I sold my iPad Mini and ordered a Galaxy Note 8 in hopes that when I get it Thursday it will offset my unhappiness with being back with iOS. The screen is so so small on this phone it's miserable.

Apparently my dissatisfaction is showing, my husband (biggest fanboy in all of Alabama) tonight said "You have been grumpy since you got the iPhone - return it and get your tinker toy already..."

Ha =D
I don't know what to do, if the S4 is my only option for a camera that is decent on the Android side, I don't know if I can go back. Ugh.

iPhone 5 on the left - iPhone 5s on right (with flash - low light)
photo1_zps905d8058.jpg

photo2_zps43e2cc2c.jpg

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not going too trust a website that has earned the nickname iGizmodo too provide a fair and un bias comparison between an android device and an iPhone. They took a dump on the S4 for maintaining a similar deisgn too the S3 while they praise the 5S design.

Plus I have used both the iPhone 5, HTC One and the S4 side by side and determined the S4 too be the best over all smartphone camera(excluding lumia 1020). Any reputable review will back this up aswell.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

I have used both the iPhone 5, and the S4 side by side and determined the iPhone 5 TO be the best over all smartphone camera(excluding lumia 1020).

See how that works? Opinions.:)

I don't know why the multiple posts.:(
Seriously!

And I don't know how you got your cables mixed. But as you can see on the first quote here, it was msavic6 who posted about using the iPhone 5, the HTC One and the GS4, not me!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Nobody said anything about favoring the S4, that's just you putting words in other people's mouths.

You talk about fanboy glasses yet you're the one blinded by all things Apple, you spend hours here defending Apple's supposed superiority, if that's not fanboyism then I don't know what is.

You have to open your eyes and see the sunlight beyond Apple...

Heres a reputable review for your reading pleasure!

http://m.connect.dpreview.com/post/...sunggalaxys4-vs-htcone-vs-iphone5-vs-lumia920

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Yes! I agree with you buddy! 1000% :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
options open and never say never,,,,,, except for a few x girls friends that I can 100% say never again,,,, I think ;)

Cheers
Davyo

I said that before too. Then I met a guy named Jack Daniels and never again turned into.....I did what?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci