how do I add more apps to the multi Window drawer?

ytsejam85

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
There are a few apps that are allowed in the multi Window drawer. I can't find any way to add more to this fixed list of apps. Can it be done without rooting the device?

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
All apps that are officially compatible will be automatically loaded into the list, either into the 'main' drawer or to the hidden one, accessible via the 'Edit' button which allows you to show or hide apps from the main drawer.

However, the list is still small. If you root and apply a hack, you can use multiWindow with virtually any app, but there are the inherent risks of rooting and also the expected bugginess of using an app that is not oficially supported in that mode. If the trade-off is worth it, it's up to you to decide.

ytsejam85

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. Very helpful. I was already thinking of rooting my phone. I did on my htc evo and everything was okay. I'll check out that link you put up. Thanks

prozacfield

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Root, install Xposed Framework then Wanam Xposed module, it will allow you to add any app to Multi Window along with many other cool features. But think twice if you have i9500, there's no way to reset flash counter on this model once you root it which means your warranty is void permanently.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Root, install Xposed Framework then Wanam Xposed module, it will allow you to add any app to Multi Window along with many other cool features. But think twice if you have i9500, there's no way to reset flash counter on this model once you root it which means your warranty is void permanently.

You don't necessarily need Xposed or wanam to do it. There's a Multi Window Manager (root) app in the playstore.

Vijayaraj R Nair

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
note3 neo contact sync issue

i use note3 neo android phone, i have more than 5000 contacts in my phone and i use to give each and every detail on a contact like name, nick name, company name, position, photograph, emails, other phones, detail address, note about when met initially, birthday etc about each person. last 2 days before i happen to sync my contacts with gmail. now i find those contacts which had photograph an details are not there. people calling me shows only his mobile number. contact is not there on my list of contacts. the photos i took and saved for contacts too changed and for some other small photos are coming. please help 9037162219

ittiandro

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 tablet with XMultiwindow and Exposed Installer installed for some time . It always worked. The tablet IS rooted and usually I can add apps with no problem by clicking on the " Open Side bar " tab.
I wanted to add another app I just downloaded ( UB Reader) but when I click to open the ADD list, nothing happens: the XMultiwindow app exits and I get back to the Home screen of the tablet.
As to the apps already in the XMulti Window side bar , if I try to open two apps at the same time with reduced size floating screens, only one gets opened, full screen. The other one is bumped off..No way to have two floating reduced screens like before
Any help?

Thanks

Ittiandro

Last edited: