Hi gals and guys,

Recently I've been pondering something about Google Now. I've been trying to love it, but I still can't really see the appeal (mostly because it's crap in my country). But still, I'm trying to at least use the directions and 'intelligent' routing. However, something odd is happening after nearly a month: It insists on sending me home THE MINUTE I step foot into my office! Now, that can't be very intelligent... And on top of that, I usually leave work around the same time every day, and it still fails to automatically give me directions to go Home right before I leave (not that I need them, just would like to at least check traffic conditions).

So, how does Google Now handle locations from multiple devices? I use my phone as my daily driver, of course, and it's out and about with me all the time. But I do have my iPad at home, with Google Now active and since it's always hooked up to WiFi, I'm guessing it's always registering that location as being home... But does Google Now think that I'm somehow able to be in two places at once or how exactly does it handle the service being reporting locations from two different devices? Or like on vacation, where my tablet is comfy sitting inside the room's safe while the phone's with me while taking a walk down the beach...

I hope someone can shed some light into this, because quite frankly
    09-20-2013 04:38 PM
    Hi gals and guys,

Recently I've been pondering something about Google Now. I've been trying to love it, but I still can't really see the appeal (mostly because it's crap in my country). But still, I'm trying to at least use the directions and 'intelligent' routing. However, something odd is happening after nearly a month: It insists on sending me home THE MINUTE I step foot into my office! Now, that can't be very intelligent... And on top of that, I usually leave work around the same time every day, and it still fails to automatically give me directions to go Home right before I leave (not that I need them, just would like to at least check traffic conditions).

So, how does Google Now handle locations from multiple devices? I use my phone as my daily driver, of course, and it's out and about with me all the time. But I do have my iPad at home, with Google Now active and since it's always hooked up to WiFi, I'm guessing it's always registering that location as being home... But does Google Now think that I'm somehow able to be in two places at once or how exactly does it handle the service being reporting locations from two different devices? Or like on vacation, where my tablet is comfy sitting inside the room's safe while the phone's with me while taking a walk down the beach...

I hope someone can shed some light into this, because quite frankly
    hopefully this helps >>>How To: Setup, Configure, and use Google Now - Android Authority
    09-20-2013 04:57 PM
    Thanks, but setting up Google Now is not my problem... it's that I've actually done it in two different devices and that such devices are usually always-on, always-connected, but in different places; one on the move (my phone) and one stationary (tablet). So I wonder how Google Now handles that information, since the location reporting is turned on in both devices and all that info is tied to a single account...
    09-20-2013 05:04 PM
    I assume Google Now utilizes data from the device with the most recently changed location. I have no evidence to support this assumption other than the fact that it is the most logical explanation.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2013 06:43 PM
    I'd assume the same...but then why does it still insist on sending me home as soon as I step into the office? After a month I thought it would learn that I get into the office in the morning and don't leave until 5pm. And not only that, I've found several times that after dismissing the Time to Home card, it shows up again randomly throughout my workday. So weird.
    09-23-2013 11:05 AM
    I'd assume the same...but then why does it still insist on sending me home as soon as I step into the office? After a month I thought it would learn that I get into the office in the morning and don't leave until 5pm. And not only that, I've found several times that after dismissing the Time to Home card, it shows up again randomly throughout my workday. So weird.
    It's trying to tell you it's time to go home - maybe it thinks you're working too hard. "Google Now, the app that cares."
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-23-2013 11:19 AM