GOOGLE WALLET on VZW S4???

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
ok so I read wallet is up and running on VZW S4's so I downloaded it and sure enough it installed, opened and I verified my ID. Now I need to add funds to use it (no free $10 google card on this one ;-{ ). Anyways has anyone tried this out yet to make sure NFC and all that is working with wallet on VZW? Want to know before I make a transfer to my "wallet"

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
ok so I read wallet is up and running on VZW S4's so I downloaded it and sure enough it installed, opened and I verified my ID. Now I need to add funds to use it (no free $10 google card on this one ;-{ ). Anyways has anyone tried this out yet to make sure NFC and all that is working with wallet on VZW? Want to know before I make a transfer to my "wallet"

Unfortunately, NFC payments are supported on a small whitelist of devices, none of which (to my knowledge) exist on Verizon.

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, NFC payments are supported on a small whitelist of devices, none of which (to my knowledge) exist on Verizon.

But isn't ISIS a NFC payment method? And since the micro sim that comes with S4 has the built in feature plus the battery on the S4 has NFC in it shouldn't that allow the payment or NFC recognition on the S4 to go through ?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I meant NFC payments through the Google Wallet app. So, soon, all Android devices over a specific API level will be able to download the Google Wallet app, but only white-listed devices will be able to use the NFC functionality of that app, irregardless of their hardware configuration. It could be that methods similar to the root method on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Toro) might enable it for individuals, but out of the box requires your device being on the list.

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
oh man no wonder I was jipped on my free 10 dollars from google :-(
First they take away my unlimeted data
then no googke wallet
then they make me think I have google wallet only to find out its just good for coupons and local offers
Whats next? I'll buy a new phone from VZW and when I try to start only to find out its only the display phone and have to buy all the parts individually to put in it?

chadwick108

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Currently have Xposed Wallet App on VZW Eclipse GE although I have been unable to test and see if NFC is working yet. I know that it will work on VZW prior to MI1 update but have not been able to test on MI1 yet.

Hope to do it soon and will post results!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm