Here's how to change lock screen wallpaper if using Apex launcher!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to change my lock screen wallpaper from that small set of OEM choices. I couldn't find the option anywhere. Then, I realized that since I am running Apex Launcher, it only gives you the option to change the main screen wallpaper. I went back to Touchwiz... went to Wallpapers... and it let me pick home or lock screen wallpaper. I changed it and went back to Apex. All done.

Just posting this because my Google search and search of the forums only talked about changing the widgets, text, etc. of the lock screen. I couldn't find anything on changing the lock screen wallpaper.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

Robby Frantz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks, that WAS helpful. Haven't done it yet, but I was looking up how to change the lock screen and came across this. I do have an additional question, you were able to change the wallpaper, but was there a way to change the layout or design of the lock screen altogether? I was not able to find any options in Apex for it.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This is from a long time ago and I actually noticed I can now change the lock screen wallpaper even when without switching back to TouchWiz. I looked all over and can't find a way to change the layout/content of the lock screen either. I'd love to be able to do that. If you find out how, please post here again.

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Apex, but don't you have the default settings app icon in the app drawer? It's all there, wallpaper and lock screen options.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Robby Frantz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I did end up finding the setting to change the lock screen wallpaper, but I was unable to change the lock screen layout on either Touch Wiz (expected there) or Apex (I AM running the free version though....)

I know it's off topic from this thread, but I actually just went back to TouchWiz because it seemed like Apex was eating UP my battery life! I looked at a number of articles on different sites and the consensus seemed to be that it may cause more RAM use because of both programs running at once for a time? I even tried a couple themes thinking a more simple theme may help. Any links or info on that would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks guys!

Quport99

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
As far as changing the layout of the lock screen there are two options: you can root your device and use an xsposed module, or turn off system lock screen and download an app from Google play. Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz