On my S4 there is a power savings mode. I've used it a few times and im not sure if it's worth using. Could somebody tell me if it makes a big difference or if it not. Also it says that it limits the performance of the cpu and I was wondering how much. Thanks for the help.
    09-22-2013 08:47 AM
    On my S4 there is a power savings mode. I've used it a few times and im not sure if it's worth using. Could somebody tell me if it makes a big difference or if it not. Also it says that it limits the performance of the cpu and I was wondering how much. Thanks for the help.
    Welcome to the forums!
    Honestly, I am not sure how much that can save. I would guess a fair amount, by just limiting performance of the CPU, but I don't know exactly how much. Samsung used to have a power save feature that would let you customize screen brightness, turning off radios, and a couple other things, but for some reason got rid of that and put the current one in it's place. I liked the older one better.
    AM759 likes this.
    09-22-2013 09:02 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! On my S4 and Note 8.0 I have Power Save enabled and while it limits max CPU frequency it hasn't hurt performance for the way I use gadgets. I'm sure how much extra battery time it has gotten me, if any, but I'd say try it and see if it affect performance or battery life in a way you notice.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    09-22-2013 09:52 AM
    Honestly, I am not sure how much that can save. I would guess a fair amount, by just limiting performance of the CPU, but I don't know exactly how much. Samsung used to have a power save feature that would let you customize screen brightness, turning off radios, and a couple other things, but for some reason got rid of that and put the current one in it's place. I liked the older one better.
    Thanks for the relpy. Too bad it doesnt still have those features.
    09-22-2013 10:03 AM
    I'd say try it and see if it affect performance or battery life in a way you notice.
    I think I might try a day with it on to see how much it helps.
    09-22-2013 10:08 AM
    You may want to check out Juice Defender too. It can "intelligently" enable/disable radios which may help eek out a few more minutes of battery life.

09-22-2013 10:08 AM
    You may want to check out Juice Defender too. It can "intelligently" enable/disable radios which may help eek out a few more minutes of battery life.

I use Juice Defender and have been happy with it. I'm using the Lux app to control brightness rather than Juice Defender, however.
    AM759 likes this.
    09-22-2013 10:18 AM
    You may want to check out Juice Defender too.
    Thanks. I'll try that.
    09-22-2013 10:26 AM