Connecting XBOX 360 controller and TV?

gglez

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello I know that a OTG cable can be used to connect a xbox controller to the s4 but I would also like to connect the phone to my tv so I can play my games on the big screen. Is there any cable out there that allows me to connect both the controller and TV to my phone at the same time? I heard about the allcast dongle but read that it doesnt work to good.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

AM759

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there any cable out there that allows me to connect both the controller and TV to my phone at the same time? I heard about the allcast dongle but read that it doesnt work to good.

I dont think thats possible. You would need a phone with an hdmi and a usb port. If you want to have the controller and a tv connected at the same time you would probably need to connect the tv wirelessly.

DeadZone

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, i'm new on this forum and i registered only to i can post this:
So, connecting phone to your TV. That's not problem, if you got HDMI cable as you bought your phone.
But if you didn't get it, you can still go in store and buy one. I don't know what price is, but it won't be so expensive.
So, HDMI cable should look something like this:
Mirco-HDMI-to-HDMI-cable.jpg
You just connect it to your phone and you will be able to watch movies/play games on your TV.

As you said:
Other problem comes with ports on your phone. It may happen, that OTG cable and HDMI cable needs same port to function.
Like, HDMI cable will need port with which you are filling your phone and also OTG cable may need same port. So this may happen!
Anyway, hope i can help, and good luck!