My Samsung S4 wont charge.

Yesterday throughout the day it was saying Dock connected when it wasn't plugged in to anything at all, I fell asleep without putting the phone on charge last night and when I plugged it in this morning it's just vibrating over and over again and wont charge. The phone still has 3% battery on it and when I plug it in it comes up with dock connected, charges for a second and then says battery critically low before repeating the process over and over. I only just got the phone about a month ago on contract, just amazes me how it has already screwed up. I read that it is probably the usb port on the phone but I have never tried to put the lead in the wrong way round as I'm used to these leads.

If anybody knows of a fix I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!

Also whilst having these problems I turned the phone off, then I looked at it again and without me turning it back on it said 'Downloading, do not turn off target' with the android logo underneath and some tiny writing in the top left of the screen. I was worried because it was supposedly downloading something and I thought if it runs out of battery the phone will be bricked, so I turned it off again.
    09-23-2013 04:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Centra! I would try powering off the phone and removing the battery, then reversing that. If that doesn't resolve then I'd recommend a factory reset, and if that didn't do it the battery may have failed and may need to be replaced. Fortunately, they're not expensive.
    09-23-2013 04:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Centra! I would try powering off the phone and removing the battery, then reversing that. If that doesn't resolve then I'd recommend a factory reset, and if that didn't do it the battery may have failed and may need to be replaced. Fortunately, they're not expensive.
    I can't exactly back the phone up though because the cable isn't working. So I will end up losing everything. :S
    09-23-2013 04:15 AM
    Well, not necessarily. Since a new battery is only $10 you could try getting a new battery first, or, if you have a friend with an S4 see if they'll let you borrow their battery briefly.
    09-23-2013 04:55 AM
    I managed to back everything up using mobilego over wifi and am now doing a factory reset, not sure if it's going to work though :S
    09-23-2013 05:00 AM
    Keep your fingers crossed and keep us posted.
    09-23-2013 05:01 AM
    The only solution is to change the USB port to resolve this probleme definitivly, ( the same probleme in same samsung product's S1 , S2, S3, Tab, and notes), all the operation that can cost in Morocco 15$-25$ (including parts). in about 20 minutes.
    02-15-2014 05:25 AM