Security policy update issue - help required

Cuteporter

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I've contacted Samsung about this issue - they are aware of it and it is THEIR problem. They are hoping to get is resolved in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed!:cool:

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
This Is the Reply from the Samsung Forum on the s4 Security Policy Update

We are currently upgrading Security Enhancements for Android which will check apps for malicious code and security risks. However some customers appear to be experiencing a connection issue with the upgrade server which we are investigating.

Please be assured that there is nothing to be concerned about and we are working on resolving the issue.

DutchAnon

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Had this same problem and it has now been fixed by "Live chat with Samsung Tech".
The phone has to be re-set to factory spec doing a complete backup to my pc before you begin.
After re-set just re-instal from the backup and the problem goes away and I have lost non of my apps, contacts etc etc .
Whole process takes no more than an hour to complete and the problem has not returned in the last four days.:cool::cool::cool:

coffeetoffee

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Do you have facebook or any other app that required 2 step login? i.e gone generator before you login.
Resolution: Try logging to facebook from a computer (not mobile/ipad etc). It will ask you if you recognize the device which is your mobile ..click yes
hopefully this will resolve the problem. It did for me :)

Charlie Candergart

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I Also have the same problem.
A factory reset really sounds like a bad solution.
As does "dont show notifications"

My operator is Tele2 Sweden, the phone is a Samsung S4

Thomas Westwood

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Called samsung

Its a server issue and they are trying to fix it.

I reckon the new update which comes out today or tomorrow is just going to fix it as they are just updating the whole OS to 4.3

So i guess just ignore it for now ;)

Daniata

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
this has happened to me today. ive tried uninstalling fb and reinstalling it, nothing ..
uninstalling fb and restarting my phone and nowt happened.

should I just wait to reinstall fb??:-\

alp_renx

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I got this message a week ago, S4 on android 4,2,2

Tried anything suggested on forums around the web but it reappeared on reboot or when walking into a wifi area. Very annoing, and all in all not very professional of Samsung. Dissappointing to say the least.

Solution: Installed "Startup Manager (Free)" from google marked, and disabled the security policy update from ever starting up. You will find it in the list. After this it havent reappeared, many days ago :) Seems to do the trick.
I also disabled other crap from startup, making the phone quicker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc