I'm about to pull my hair out! This is turning out to be WAY more complicated than I expected. I have a Galaxy Nexus where I have about 6GB of stuff (music, pics, etc) that I would like to have on my new Galaxy S4. I'm a freaking IT professional and I can't figure this out. I feel really stupid even asking this.

How do I get my stuff on my S4?

What I've tried:

Connecting both devices to a computer - won't copy it just says "preparing to copy" forever..

Connecting Nexus to a computer as a "middle man" (three different ones with 2 different OSs (Windows 7/8 and Ubuntu)) - it just stops like it is finished and doesn't copy all the files (either only copies the first directory and not sub directories or skips a folder all together.)

AirDroid - starts to copy and times out every time. I did get up to about 1.5GB once.

S beam - devices see each other but nothing happens when I tap the app on the devices

WiFi Direct - Can't get the files to copy... (May not be doing this correctly)

Samsung Smart Switch - not compatible with Nexus..

Ack! Can anyone help me? What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks!
    09-24-2013 08:15 AM
    I'm about to pull my hair out! This is turning out to be WAY more complicated than I expected. I have a Galaxy Nexus where I have about 6GB of stuff (music, pics, etc) that I would like to have on my new Galaxy S4. I'm a freaking IT professional and I can't figure this out. I feel really stupid even asking this.

How do I get my stuff on my S4?

What I've tried:

Connecting both devices to a computer - won't copy it just says "preparing to copy" forever..

Connecting Nexus to a computer as a "middle man" (three different ones with 2 different OSs (Windows 7/8 and Ubuntu)) - it just stops like it is finished and doesn't copy all the files (either only copies the first directory and not sub directories or skips a folder all together.)

AirDroid - starts to copy and times out every time. I did get up to about 1.5GB once.

S beam - devices see each other but nothing happens when I tap the app on the devices

WiFi Direct - Can't get the files to copy... (May not be doing this correctly)

Samsung Smart Switch - not compatible with Nexus..

Ack! Can anyone help me? What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks!
    An app like Helium? I haven't used it, but a lot of people like it.
    Can the Nexus take an SD card?
    Are Samsung drivers up to date on the PC?
    09-24-2013 08:34 AM
    Copy everything from your nexus to the computer. Once you have done that, plug in the S4 and copy from computer to the S4. I find using 2 devices connected via usb on onr computer tends too cause issues.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-24-2013 10:30 PM
    Even I want to do that with mine... Please any working solutions over here?
    09-26-2013 07:56 AM
    Even I want to do that with mine... Please any working solutions over here?
    msavic6's solution is the way to go.
    msavic6 likes this.
    09-26-2013 12:16 PM