Google play song to ringtone. Its downloaded on my phone

abland007

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought a few songs in google play which I am able to listen to offline. I downloaded them to my S4 via Google Play but I cant find the songs in my files and the songs dont show up in my ringtones. I do not have an SD card so I don't know where my phone downloaded them to. Any help would be great. Thank you

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought a few songs in google play which I am able to listen to offline. I downloaded them to my S4 via Google Play but I cant find the songs in my files and the songs dont show up in my ringtones. I do not have an SD card so I don't know where my phone downloaded them to. Any help would be great. Thank you

Probably in a folder called music, somewhere in the internal memory file system. If you want to use a music file as a ringtone, try an app called ringroid, available from the Play Store.

abland007

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Probably in a folder called music, somewhere in the internal memory file system. If you want to use a music file as a ringtone, try an app called ringroid, available from the Play Store.

I just cant find the songs anywhere. I can listen to them in airplane mode so I know they are on my phone. I hit the push pin button in the play music app and it downloaded them to my phone. Every single folder is empty because i just bought the phone. I would use one of those apps if I can find the music. I never had this issue with my S4. Frustrating...

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I just cant find the songs anywhere. I can listen to them in airplane mode so I know they are on my phone. I hit the push pin button in the play music app and it downloaded them to my phone. Every single folder is empty because i just bought the phone. I would use one of those apps if I can find the music. I never had this issue with my S4. Frustrating...

What are you using to look for them?

abland007

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
What are you using to look for them?

I have gone to every folder listed in "my files" and they all say empty. I also went to add ringtone under ringones/setting/add and it just shows the stock sounds on my phone, nothing that I just downloaded. I went to the music app as well. THere is nothing there.

Any idea where google play downloads the music to?

You would think it would at least be under the download folder, but that shows empty as well

abland007

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I also downloaded the ringdriod app and it only shows the songs that were already on my phone. When I go to google music app, I can click on "songs on my device" and they show up, so I know they are on my phone.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what root access means, but how can I add these songs to a ringtone and have them saved on my phone?

Thanks for the help

In short, Google Music caches to a location that the average user does not have access to. "Root access" or "rooting" is similar to "jailbreaking" (pardon my use of an iPhone term) -- in short, if you don't know what root access is, then you don't have it.

If you want to be able to access those songs on your phone to use as ringtones, the easiest way to do so would be to download the tracks on your computer, then copy the files over to your phone via USB. Without root, there's no real way to do it that I'm aware of.

All i want is to be able to access these songs on my phone. It shouldn't be this hard

Well, it isn't that hard really, if you want to access the songs, just open the Music app...what you're trying to goes above and beyond the scope of Google Music. Many folks (myself included) feel there should be option to move the cache to an SD card location, but there isn't...unfortunately.

CAT066

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the Samsung Galaxy S4, having previously used an iPhone, and I have the same issue that when I download a song from Google Play, it's not obvious where it is stored on the phone and it seems impossible to be able to use it as a ringtone - can anyone help please. The iPhone was so simple for this type of thing I don't understand why it should be so complicated on this phone :'(

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Pull up the song you want to apply for a ringtone in the Winamp app in the Play Store. It will allow you set it as a ringtone. It is the easiest way to do so.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

snake02_78

May 5, 2013
Visit site
If you go into sounds to change the ring tone at the bottom of the list is an option for add. In the next screen is the option for play music which allows you to choose the track you want.

Posted via Android Central App

Kellyn Bango

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you go to the orange head phones that say play music and make sure all the little thumb nails are orange. That means they are downloaded to your device in the listen now app.

mamacindy

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Music downloaded

I downloaded music and it is in my play music app . I then made a play list and set each song as a ringtone. But when I go to settings and ringtones -it is not there. Nor is it the regular music app under song, playlist etc. Where are the songs and how do I get them as ringtones on my device LG G2800. Thanks!

Lovaboii Rakesh

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

Angela Kelley

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Save music to a phone or tablet

Open the Google Play Music Icon Google Play Music app.
Touch an album or playlist.
Touch the Google Play Pin grey pin (Android) or Google Play Music Offline download (iOS) icon to start downloading music.
Google Play Music Offline (Android) / Google Play Music Offline (iOS) An orange icon means music is saved on your device.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer