Nova Back up and Restore

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
how can i move to removable card?

Use a Fiile Explorer, copy backup from Extsdcard, navigate to storage/emulated/0/data/com.teslacoil.... /backup.
Should be something like that and paste the backup in there.

Edit.: put Extsdcard in old phone, navigate with file Explorer to the above location, copy backup. Navigate to Extsdcard and paste somewhere.
Put Extsdcard in new phone open file Explorer copy backup on Extsdcard, navigate to the above location and paste.
No Mac necessary.
I really hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Use a Fiile Explorer, copy backup from Extsdcard, navigate to storage/emulated/0/data/com.teslacoil.... /backup.
Should be something like that and paste the backup in there.

Edit.: put Extsdcard in old phone, navigate with file Explorer to the above location, copy backup. Navigate to Extsdcard and paste somewhere.
Put Extsdcard in new phone open file Explorer copy backup on Extsdcard, navigate to the above location and paste.
No Mac necessary.
I really hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

im sorry i got it! lol thanks.. i went to my files copy the back up and paste. and i see that its already in the device storage. but still i cannot come up to the restore in nova settings.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty, the easiest thing to do will be to find a Windows computer and do it from there.

But, failing that, you will need to download a file explorer of some kind.

Doesn't the phone have a built in explorer that samsung provides? I have never used it myself.

BTW, it is absolutely ridiculous that you have to go through this. NOVA should just have a built-in option to write the backup to an external card. What the heck use is a backup if it is on the phone? That is like backing up your computer's hard drive and storing the backup on the hard drive itself!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i would like to see a Cloud option. "Backup/Restore NOVA Settings to/from your Dropbox/Google Drive Account". i will suggest this to Developer!

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
In all honesty, the easiest thing to do will be to find a Windows computer and do it from there.

But, failing that, you will need to download a file explorer of some kind.

Doesn't the phone have a built in explorer that samsung provides? I have never used it myself.

BTW, it is absolutely ridiculous that you have to go through this. NOVA should just have a built-in option to write the backup to an external card. What the heck use is a backup if it is on the phone? That is like backing up your computer's hard drive and storing the backup on the hard drive itself!

im just a lazy girl who doesnt want to start all over again. lol.. honestly the easiest thing to do is to do it all over again instead of wasting my time and your time with this.. thanks every one for the replies.. i guess i need to start doing it now... :)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
im just a lazy girl who doesnt want to start all over again. lol.. honestly the easiest thing to do is to do it all over again instead of wasting my time and your time with this.. thanks every one for the replies.. i guess i need to start doing it now... :)

ha! we tried. have fun and good luck!

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Update: I'm finished putting all tbew pieces together. Lol
Everything is perfect until i received a call yesterday and the speaker is broken!!!! Yup! I tried playing music and its like broken voices and can hardly understand. I tried the speaker phone while talking to and it's really annoying.
This is my 3rd s4 since june. And all of them are crap!

Sent from my *RED* Galaxy S4

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Update: I'm finished putting all tbew pieces together. Lol
Everything is perfect until i received a call yesterday and the speaker is broken!!!! Yup! I tried playing music and its like broken voices and can hardly understand. I tried the speaker phone while talking to and it's really annoying.
This is my 3rd s4 since june. And all of them are crap!

Sent from my *RED* Galaxy S4

3 defective units since June? wow that's a pretty high defective rate. did your baby daughter getting her little hands on these phones?

slim6596

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I really regret getting the S4. Currently trying to get Verizon to swap us into something else. I love the screen and camera, everything else is garbage. We have all the S features turned off, so we won't even miss them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I really regret getting the S4. Currently trying to get Verizon to swap us into something else. I love the screen and camera, everything else is garbage. We have all the S features turned off, so we won't even miss them.

maybe the Moto X or Note 3 or LG G2?

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I called thrice and the last one from retention center will send me the note 3!!! The first one is asking for $100 for the note 3 the last rep said its going to be free plus waive shipping

slim6596

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got my email confirmation about my Maxx. Good luck to you and I hope you like your new phone. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol