Nova Back up and Restore

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
it should be possible if you performed a Nova backup. make sure the com.teslacoilsw.launcher folder is on the SD card in your new S4. then simply select Restore from Nova menu and pick the restore file. on a side note - i make a copy of this Restore folder and use Astro to send it to my Dropbox account for safekeeping in the cloud just in case my local SD copy gets destroyed.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
NOVA backups up to the internal ram, not the external SD card. You need to make sure that you find the file, and then copy it manually to your SD card. Then, you'll have to copy to the right subdirectory on the new unit.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
sorry i dont really get it. do i have to put back the sd card to the old phone? then put it to the new one to restore back up? i tried backing up then restore in the old phone and its working but to the new phone its not.
note: the sd card is now on the new phone.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
it should be possible if you performed a Nova backup. make sure the com.teslacoilsw.launcher folder is on the SD card in your new S4. then simply select Restore from Nova menu and pick the restore file. on a side note - i make a copy of this Restore folder and use Astro to send it to my Dropbox account for safekeeping in the cloud just in case my local SD copy gets destroyed.

i see the com.teslacoilsw when i click restore, it stuck on the BACKUPS screen.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
mu6u4y9e.jpg

Sent from my *RED* Galaxy S4

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
you should be able to click on "Restore" and it will show you a Restore Point File listed like "2013-09-27-19-9". click on that and you should be good to go!

yes i click restore but nothing like "2013... i saw that when i back up the file on the old phone. the problem is when i click restore in the new phone it doesnt show.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Or move the backup to that File Location under sdcard/data/......
That is your internal sd card not the removable one. Once you move the backup to that location it will show up in the backup list.

Sdcard=internal non removable
Extsdcard=removable card

Posted via Android Central App

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Sadly, that is not backed up to your SD card. Android phones called internal RAM "SD Card." Back in the Gingerbread days, when most Android phones had SD card slots, they system made reference to INT-SD and EXT-SD. INT-SD was just the phones internal RAM but the code was designed to write to it in the same way you could write to an SD card.

Nova backs-up to INT-SD. So, deceptively, it tells you the backup is in the SD card but it is not. It is on your old phones internal SD (that is, RAM).

The reason it is doing nothing now is because the new phone does not have a backup file in that location.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, that is not backed up to your SD card. Android phones called internal RAM "SD Card." Back in the Gingerbread days, when most Android phones had SD card slots, they system made reference to INT-SD and EXT-SD. INT-SD was just the phones internal RAM but the code was designed to write to it in the same way you could write to an SD card.

Nova backs-up to INT-SD. So, deceptively, it tells you the backup is in the SD card but it is not. It is on your old phones internal SD (that is, RAM).

The reason it is doing nothing now is because the new phone does not have a backup file in that location.

if that's truly the case she should be able to use ASTRO and Copy the entire "com.teslacoilsw" Folder to the SD Card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad