Fault with my Galaxy S4 camera!

llauren

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Im after some advice with my new phone. Ive had it a month or so and all has been pretty great but for the last week Ive noticed a really anoying fault. Im unsure if its my phone or something Ive done or am doing. So about 80% of the time my camera works and takes awsome pics but on the anoying occasions..I can open the camera app and all is fine...I press to take pic...and it makes the noise it does when u take a pic...BUT THEN...the pic doesnt actually take and then all the buttons ( back/settings etc ) freeze up and I cant do anything..the screen stays on the moving camera but all I can do is press the actual big button at bottom of phone which returns to homescreen. So assuming the camera is crashing?? To get it working Im having to remove battery...which is a serious pain in the bum each time i wanna take a pic and the moment has passed!! Please help someone...do I need to ring vodafone and tell them my phone is faulty ??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Fault with my galaxy s4 camera!

Hi Lauren, you may need to clear the camera's cache.
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to More
3. Go to Application Mangler Manager
4. Slide over to All
5. Select Camera
6. Click the Clear Cache button.

If that doesn't do it then back up your photos and then come back and click the Clear Data button.
If that still doesn't do it you may need to do a factory reset on your phone (after backup up your data).

llauren

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Thanks tried the 1st two things and not worked :(

llauren

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Dont know if I should or not...hate doing that as takes so long to put it back to the way it is :( Do you think it will actually work if I do? Im thinking Maybe I should just report it faulty! X

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Well, if you report it as faulty and get another phone you'd have to set it all up too. If you do a factory reset and it doesn't work then you could put in that insurance or warranty claim.

from my Sony XTZ

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I agree with Haalcyon.
Either way you'll have to set it up to your liking.
Good luck! :thumbup::)

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

llauren

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. Going to do it tonight...although...hasnt happened today yet! We shall see! Thanks for ur help

gillybum

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

This happened to my S4, only had it 4 days!! Took it back to O2 and they gave me a new one. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen to new one.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

This happened to my S4, only had it 4 days!! Took it back to O2 and they gave me a new one. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen to new one.

I don't think it will. But good luck anyway! :thumbup::)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Oh, and welcome to the forums gillybum!
Enjoy and have fun. :thumbup::D

JM Wissen van

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

i have the same whit my galaxy s4 GT-I9502 ther war few system apps not instalt i message the company they send me on rom file after flash nothing was going
factory reset not working google find on rom wat work but now only frond camera work but its up side down
good long hen and her message to the company they wil reflash it or even replace it na looking wat it will be

johan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz