Best Software to Import Photos to Galaxy S4?

pilotnh

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Since I have recently migrated here from iPhone, I am always looking for things that mimic some of my old ways. I know the beauty of Android is that I can drag and drop my photos right onto my SD card but.... 1. I have over 10,000 photos in my collection (digitized all of the prints I had from my kids growing up) and they're in several hundred folders. 2. I would like the jpg files "shrunk" as I don't need the full file size on my S4. 3. I would like something that does more of a "sync" back and forth than a drag and drop or a direct copy.
I have tried Kies but while it reduces the file size, it doesn't maintain the folder structure and just dumps everything into the \camera folder. I have looked at Irfanview but have been unable to get it to do what I want.

Open to any ideas. Thanks.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Try Dropbox. It's there with your phone and most S4s, unless you're unfortunate enough to have gotten the phone with one of the carriers that had it removed, just need to go through some steps to get free 30 GB of free space for 2 years. I use it. The thing is you don't get shrunk images. You just have to download the pictures when you need them in your phone. Basically, just have a working Internet connection, click, and have it downloaded on your phone. You don't need to download all images to browse.

Microsoft's app called Skydrive is also similar, but I have no idea whether it's any good. I have it on my phone, but I don't use it. I just happened to stumble upon it since I bought a new Windows 8 notebook.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Getting the images to the phone is the easy part. Downsizing the images and keeping the directory/folder structure is the hard part. With 10,000 plus images, to do this well I'd recommend dedicated image management software, such as Adobe's Lightroom.

mikew99

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
My recommendation would be to throw some money at the problem and get a microSD card that's big enough to hold all your photos without conversion. Then, you can use a Dropbox account to automatically sync them to your phone with an app such as Dropsync or FolderSync.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463