Can't figure out how to turn off a tag buddy notification

tamburlaine138

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Every time I open a picture in gallery, a Tag Buddy notification pops up that tells me:

If the following conditions are met when you take pictures, information, such as locations, dates, people's names, or the weather will be shown briefly when viewing the pictures: The weather widget has been refreshed before/after taking pictures.

This pops up every single time I view a picture and I have to press OK to get rid of it and it is driving me crazy. I have turned off tag buddy in settings, and disabled all individual check boxes in the tag buddy settings. I would dearly love for this to go away. Please help me Obi-Wan.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there a box that you can tick saying "Do not show this again"? Screenshot next time, please? Just press power and home button both at the same time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I would go into your app manager, clear cache and data for the Gallery app. Open gallery and turn off Tag Buddy. Power off. Remove the battery. Reboot in that order.
Maybe a command got borked somewhere.

Posted via Android Central App

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well that is odd. Outside my scope then.
Have you tried using a 3rd party gallery?
I'd put Quickpic on it for a gallery and see how you like it, and if that tagging stuff doesn't pop up it would be a nice replacement. Good luck.

d-ttrain

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem and it's pi$$ing me off! I also just went into my app manager and cleared this apps cache and restarted my phone and the stupid tag buddy still comes up as soon as I view an image full screen. Arghhh! I just traded my iPhone 4S for this Samsung Galaxy 4S and I'm starting to think I made a mistake. Any other helpful suggestions?

OK I came up with a solution, I downloaded a different photo gallery app. LOL!
It's called Fish Bowl, it seems to work just fine. <shrug>

Last edited:

dennisc99

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Just figured this out. There is a message "do not show this again". you need to put your finger on the message and scroll down. it's just underneath the screen. took me couple weeks to figure it out.

vinny681

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Scrolling down on the message worked for me. Found the "Do not show again" box to check and now no more messages! Thank you so much. This was very frustrating.

Ras Steve

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, that's almost correct. But open the Gallery, Click a picture to view it, then when the Tag Buddy appears, press on the Tag Buddy and move the page up, not down. This will reveal the bottom of the Tag Buddy long page which gives the option to turn this ridiculous message off, and not to show the picture Tag Buddy reminder ever again! Thank you, forum. My New Galaxy 4S now gets 5 Stars!

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Well it wasn't bugging me that much but I am glad I saw thus thread. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

d-ttrain

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey Dennis (COOL NAME, that's my name too!)
I didn't try your suggestion before, musta skipped over it, but it seems to have gotten rid of the stupid popup after all. Thanks! (Man those guys named Dennis sure are smart!) ;o)

clowney

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the date stamp that shows up when viewing an image full screen? This only seems to have begun recently for me, and it's driving me batty.

aily jj

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
YES, HOW to stop the blue date from showing up in each photos?

This only comes up recently after I did a system update!~!
it's so annoying, every time I browse picture in my gallery, the blue date stamp shows up :(

PepNYC

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Just figured this out. There is a message "do not show this again". you need to put your finger on the message and scroll down. it's just underneath the screen. took me couple weeks to figure it out.

You my friend are a genius. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to stop that notification from popping up. What an annoyance. I didn't even think to try to scroll down the page. Sheesh. Thank you so much.

AZGary

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU, just got the S4 yesterday and spent about an hour trying to figure this out....this fixed it! On to the next feature I cant figure out...
:D